Girl's Night pt. 1

Start from the beginning

At the end of our session, I let out a long sigh — waiting for Mia to finish getting her makeup done. 'She was in a good mood all day — I don't think there's a single thing that has upset her today,' A smile slowly formed on my face at the thought. 'Maybe I will take her up on her offer and make dinner. This did go later than we thought.' I glanced up when Mia came out, slowly standing and trying to snap out of the shock of how gorgeous she looked.

"Hey, ready to go?"

"Yeah," I breathed, glancing away when she sent me a smile. 'Calm down, heart!'

"Mind walking me home?"

"You're out of my way — it'd be almost forty-five minutes after I drop you off."

"Are you really going to let a pretty girl like me walk alone? It's cold," She sent me a pout as we stepped outside, grabbing my hands as we faced each other. "I'll make you whatever dessert you want."

I took a deep breath and glanced to the right, trying not to laugh at her pout. "...Alright, fine. What do you want me to make?"

"I'm thinking... Greek. How about rump steak with baked pumpkin and feta?"

"...Wow," I whistled as she looped her arms around mine and began walking me toward her house. "Yeah, I think I can manage that. You do have everything I'll need, right?"

"I went shopping yesterday."

I laughed as we continued walking — the conversation shifting to a work-based topic. My phone vibrated once we entered Mia's house, indicating a text message from — most likely — Ethan to ask about the spa trip. I followed Mia into the kitchen after sending Ethan a text saying I'll tell him about the spa trip in the morning, turning my phone on silent as we grabbed the necessary ingredients for the meal.

After about an hour, everything was ready, and I moved the meal to the dining table that Mia had set up. 'Looks like a dinner date,' The thought made me pause after I set down the plates. 'This entire day has felt like a date, now that I think about it... That's wishful thinking.' I took my seat as Mia left her room — now in an oversized shirt and some shorts.

"That's cheating," I muttered as she sat across from me.

"What?"

"You get to change and be comfortable — I have to stay all dressed up until I get home."

"I'm sure I have something in your size," Mia hummed and poured us some wine. "And, you don't have to go home after this. I have a spare room."

A chuckle left me when she motioned toward the room she mentioned. "What is with you today? You've been so... different."

"...I guess I just... Changed. Self-reflected for a bit and decided I hated the way I treated you."

I nodded and stood slowly, offering her a small smile. "I like nice Mia."

A scoff left her while a pink hue appeared on her cheeks, bringing a smile to my face as I left the table. Once in the room, I sent a goodnight text to Ethan — letting him know I might be staying at Mia's place tonight. 'There, now he knows he can't swing by my place in the morning for breakfast.' I got changed after that, slipping my phone into my shorts pocket before leaving the room again.

Mia whistled as I joined her at the table again, her eyes scanning over my body. 'It's like she knew I would pick this shirt and was waiting for her assumption to be right. She looks so pleased with my choice.' I watched her turn her phone off and set it off to the side before she moved to take the first bite. When she let out a pleased hum, I relaxed and began eating as well.

After dinner, we moved back into the kitchen — Mia working on dessert while I washed the dishes. While she continued with the dessert, I straightened up the dining table and sat down again, taking out my phone to look through the group chat messages from work. 'I know I shouldn't be working, but Mia said dessert might take a bit — just skimming over what happened won't hurt.'

"[Y/N], dessert's ready!" Mia called after a while, making me close out of the group message and slide my phone into my pocket again. "I have two things! One is rice pudding."

"What's the other?" I called as I stood and began heading into the kitchen.

"Something you'll hopefully love."

I froze when I entered the kitchen and saw Mia, my jaw dropping as I took in the view. Her shirt was pooled next to her feet, but my eyes remained trained on her chest. "You..."

"Well?" Mia purred as we slowly met in the middle, guiding my hands to her body. "Do you like whipped cream? I seem to have gotten some on me."

"...Mia..."

Hesitation and heartbreak flashed in her eyes — solidifying to me that she was serious and returned my feelings. "Heh... Please tell me I didn't read all of your signals wrong."

"N-no! Uh... I-I just thought — you and Ethan?"

"Ethan likes me. I never said I returned his feelings. We agreed to just be friends a long time ago — he's working on moving on."

I nodded slowly before wrapping an arm around her waist. "I see. In that case; took you long enough to connect the dots."

"Even a genius doesn't know everything."

"I just expected you to be faster."

"Speed isn't everything," She hummed, guiding my head to her chest. "Now, will you take the leap with me?"