Chapter 28

Mui couldn't believe her ears when she learned the truth about Re:vale. She had no idea about it. She hadn't discovered Re:vale before Momo's absence. In fact, she had no idea that Yuki had another partner, but that his partner was injured trying to protect him.

More importantly, it was even more interesting that they got an offer from Zero's manager but declined due to differences of opinion. That's exactly what Momo was talking about right now.

"They planned to find an agency that would let them do things their own way, and would debut with them. But just before their debut, Yuki-san's partner had an accident onstage."

Accident? How?

"A ceiling light suddenly fell from directly above Yuki-san. His partner protected him. When he came to his senses... The concert was canceled. His partner survived, but it left a nasty scar on his face."

She couldn't believe this. How could this kind of accident happen on stage? And Iori seemed to share her view.

"Is is even possible for a light to fall? Are you sure someone didn't cause the accident?"

Momo approved of him. "The possibility came up, yeah. People said it was someone jealous of Re:vale's popularity or a staff member who was upset about being reprimanded. In any case, the agency rescinded their offer to help them debut after that."

What do you mean they refused? The agency needed to protect their talents! Letting them down at the first problem? Normally, if it was under the supervision of this agency, the accident would not even have happened. Didn't they even have a manager? It was clear that the agency was avoiding responsibility, and it angered Mui to death.

 And as she grappled with her anger, Momo kept talking, getting her attention.

"But the famous producer made them an offer. He'd introduce them to a hospital that could remove the scar on his partner's face. And in exchange, he wanted them to go with him."

"So those were his terms." A thought suddenly came to her mind, as Iori's said. That sounded familiar for some reason. Too familiar. She felt goosefleash. And Riku confirmed that he was thinking exactly the same thing.

"Just like Tenn-nii."

"He told them they had talent. That they could surpass Zero and become legends themselves."

They had talent? It really sounded very familiar. She had never seen Tenn's adopter, but it seemed very similar to his words.

"Feeling responsible for hİs partner's scarred face, Yuki-san readily accepted his offer."

Because he probably felt guilty and didn't want to go on without his partner. Mui understood him very well, but Riku seemed taken aback by this decision.

"Wasn't their artistic direction too different, though?"

"Yeah. Yuki-san's partner was probably worried about that. He wanted Yuki to find someplace where he could sing his way. Re:vale's way. Leaving behind that message, he disappeared."

But this is so cruel! She understood why he did such a thing, but still thought it was really cruel to disappear like that. It looked extremely similar to what Tenn had done, but she didn't know why he was doing it, and he certainly hadn't left such a farewell letter.

Riku looked like he couldn't believe it. "No way..."

Momo, sadly said, "Yuki-san was really depressed at the time. I couldn't bear to watch. He searched desperately for his partner, but couldn't find him. Yuki-san was considering retirement."