Chapter 23

When Tenn finally released her, she had gotten as far away from him as possible and crept into the farthest corner of the room. He was smiling as if he found this funny. She could feel the tension between them rising again as he started to take steps towards her.

''What's the problem? Did you really need to go this far? Am I really that scary? Don't worry. I won't eat you."

She quickly corrects her posture and looks at him with defiant eyes.

"I'm not walked away because fear you. I just needed a little get away. Why don't we put some distance between us? This serves no purpose other than to stress me out." Tenn was standing right in front of her as he said.

She looks at him in confusion as he suddenly scowls at her with an angry expression. What was he angry about this time?

"There was no such thing as distance between you and that Minami guy. But you didn't seem bothered at all. Am I causing you to stretch? Are you serious? Even though you've known me a lot longer than him?!"

With his suddenly rising voice, she is holding herself hard not to take a step back. It was really creepy when he was angry. She could literally feel herself breaking out in a cold sweat. But she knew he was right in what he said. The problem was Mui didn't know why felt this way and it wasn't something she could really control.

"Do you really need to shout for this? Sorry for not having control over my emotions! Are you happy now?!" she shouts, raising her voice too.

Probably all the shouts were echoing outside right now. But at that moment neither of them cared. The atmosphere between them was very intense.

Those words seemed to give Tenn pause. Suddenly, something in his eyes began to change. Anger gave way to satisfaction. What did that mean?

"Now that I think about it... You were always nervous around me. Every time I got too close, you were trying to get away from me somehow..."

After a short silence he continued.

"You never would have done that before. You weren't bothered at all by the distance between us. So much so, that there were many times we slept together."

She wasn't sure what he was trying to convey with that, but just remembering those memories was enough to make her feel embarrassed. He had a meaning. She wasn't really nervous back then. But now..

"So you finally realized..." she wasn't sure what he was implying as he muttered. "Realizing what?" she asks, blinking.

In return, he sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Do I really have to say it out loud for you to understand? Well.. I guess you finally see me as a man. You didn't care about the distance between us back then, but now you're avoiding me."

Mui quickly shuts her mouth before her jaw drops to the ground. What had her ears just heard?! She had never thought of it that way. But now that she think about it.. It made sense. So what does that mean? What's changed? Isn't Minami also a man? Why was she never nervous with him?

And he asks exactly what she was thinking at that moment.

"Then why are you so comfortable with him? You act like the distance between you doesn't matter at all?"

''Stop right there! I was never too close to him. It's just that I may have crossed the line a little today.. But the truth is I'm not nervous..'' he looked thoughtful.

"I guess you don't really have feelings for him.. Although I can't say the same for him.. It seems like you're finally starting to realizer me. I'm not going to complain about it. But I don't want to see you as close to him as today. It's not surprising after what I've seen today that there are so many rumors about you."

While looking at the starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें