Chapter 11

Days had passed since that strange night she had lived, and half of the movie had been shot. There were only a few scenes left to shoot in Okinawa. Fortunately, she had not seen the TRIGGER members again since that night. Probably their schedule was pretty full. This was a relief for Mui. Her last conversation with Tenn was rather awkward.

It was a strange feeling that he was still worried about her even after all these years. Maybe he still cared about her? Was she being too prejudiced? Maybe there was something she didn't know? But she didn't have time to think about it. She was backstage currently preparing for the final scene shooting.

When she was finally ready to go out, she was deep in thought. With the sudden opening of the door, she quickly gets up from her seat and turns around in fear. When she sees it's Minami, she relaxes by exhaling the breath she doesn't know she's holding.

"God.. You scared me.. Since when do you into rooms like that without warning?"

Minami chuckled at her, "Actually, I knocked on the door a few times. I even called you. But I didn't get an answer.. So I rushed inside thinking something had happened to you. I know it's rude, but I was just worried..'' he says and smiles at her shyly.

She could really see the worry in his eyes. Did he say he knocked on the door? Why didn't she hear him? In fact, she knew why.. She had been losing attention lately and the biggest reason for this was insomnia. She hadn't even been able to sleep properly since that night! Every time she fell asleep, she haunted her nightmares that night!

It was so crazy something that she couldn't talk about it to anyone. She was still keeping it to herself. Being treated like a madman was the last thing she wanted. She was probably hallucinating from exhaustion. That's what she was trying to convince herself of. So why did she keep haunting her nightmares?

Putting these thoughts aside for now, she goes over to Minami and says before turning to the door, "I'm sorry for worrying you. I was just deep in thought. Don't we have to go now?" She takes a few steps towards the door. But just as she is about to open the door, suddenly stopped by a hand that grabs her wrist and turns her towards himself.

She is surprised when suddenly catches eye with Minami.

''Minami? What's the problem? Isn't filming about to start?"

Minami sighed, ''This can wait. Mui.. Don't you think you've been acting weird lately?" He says and looks at her suspiciously.

''Weird? Like what?''

''You are easily distracted. A lot of things that come out of nowhere seem to scare you. Most importantly, you are don't even sleep! What worries you so much?"

Mui looks at him, not knowing what to say. "How do you notice all this?"

''How could I not notice? We're together all day and it's hard not to notice your weird behavior. It's clear that something is bothering you. I just want to know one thing. Does this strange behavior have anything to do with Kujo Tenn?"

''With Tenn? Of course not. I haven't even seen him for days!" she says, looking at him in shock. There were many people who declared themselves her friends but did not notice such behaviors. Including her family! So how could he be aware of all this? Did he really care about her? This gives a feeling of a kind of warmth radiating within.

He looked at her with worried eyes, "So what is this about? Is there anything I can do about it? If you have a problem, you can share it with me. Even just to chat. It's not good for your health. You might stress yourself out!" He looks at her hopefully, hoping for an answer.

His worry was completely real, and she was now confident that she had made the right choice of friend.

She smiled at him and said, "Although I find your worry sweet, believe me there's nothing you can do about it. This is just stupid something. Even if I tell you, you wouldn't believe me. Worse still, you will look at me like I'm crazy..'' she says and turns back to the door, releasing her wrist from his grip.