Chapter 23 -News-

Chapter 23

It was lunch now, and all of us excluding Luke were all gathered in our normal spot just lying down, taking in the heat. We were all lost in our own thoughts. No one spoke, it was as if we were enjoying the silence before the storm.

~~

"Hello?"

"Come to the station. We found a location."

I nodded at the others, "We're on our way."

~~

"What the big news?"

After the phone call all of us rushed over to the station. Luke, along with JD had managed to track down the person who had rang Xavier.

"We didn't get much, but by the old oil factory in the west there's an old warehouse. There has to be clues there... or something we can use."

The warehouse...

"That's 1 day away"

JD nodded. "You guys will have to go by car as there's no bus or anything."

"Wait all of us?"

Mason shook his head, "No, there will be too many of you. Mia and Jay should go. It will be less trouble with transportation and it's only 2 days. The rest can stay here and help us gather clues."

I nodded as I looked at Jay, who winked at me.

~~

Jay's POV

"... Mia and Jay should go..."

Mia and Jay...

I looked over to Mia who was looking at Mason as he carried on speaking. She looked at me for a bit and to rile her up I gave her a wink. I chuckled lightly as she glared at me.

I felt a tap on my knee and I looked over to see Tyler wiggling his eyebrows, I smirked at him.

2 days with Mia. I smiled at the thought of just us two, in a car, talking. This will be my time to see if she likes me back.

And if she does... I sighed at the thought.

"Is that clear?" I nodded not really paying attention at a word which was being said.

"Jay and Mia, you will leave tomorrow early morning, around 6 will be better. So I suggest one of you stays over at the others"

"Mia can stay at mine, she's coming over for dinner anyways."

Mason nodded, "Okay, good luck you two. The rest come with me"

Everyone stood up to follow Mason leaving me and Mia in the same room.

I looked at her to see she was tense about something. I made my way over to her and crouched down in front of her. "You alright?"

She nodded not looking at me. "What's up?"

She shook her head. "Leave it" I sighed as I got up. I ignored the pain in my chest as I made my way to the front with her in tow.

"Let's go collect your stuff from your place"

~~

The bike ride was silent. She was lost in thought. Not a single sound was made. When we got to hers she slid off automatically not even looking at me. I sighed as I waited for.

What was wrong with her...? She's acting distant.

After a few minutes she was back with a duffel bag. She slid back on and I drove off.

~~

"So Mia, I hear you and Jay are going on a trip"

I watched Mia nod as she played with her food. I shook my head at my mum, telling her not to ask any more questions. She gave a concern look to Mia and nodded.

"Mia, I'll take you to the guest room, come on" I said as I pulled her up using her hands and took her up the stairs. When she made the last step I pulled her to be causing her to gasp and look up at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly gazing into her beautiful eyes.

"Th-The warehouse..."

I nodded, "What about it?"

I gave her a concern look as tears started pouring out of her. I pulled her into a hug rubbing circles on her back "Come on princess, what about it?"

"Th-That's where they killed them." I froze...

I squeezed her tightly. My body was rigid.

Shit...

"Do you not want to go?"

She shook her head, "I do.I want my revenge" I nodded. We stood there for a few minutes. Her, pouring her heart out to me. And I stood there listening and rubbing circles on her back But inside each word,was clenching my heart.

After a while she had stopped talking, I pulled her away still holding onto her, to see she was asleep. I picked her up bridal style and took her to the guest room.

I laid her down and took of her shoes before putting the blanket over her. I kissed her forehead and went into my room.

Tomorrow's going to be a long day...