Hindi niya dala ang sasakyan ngayon kaya sigurado na mag co-commute siya pauwi. He squinted his eyes when he saw a familiar figure, hugging one of the school primary teachers.

It was one of his bosses. Kyst Miller.

Atticus silently cursed himself for not leaving immediately. Natulos siya sa kinakatayuan. Of all the sins in this world, he loathed cheating.

Napako ang mga mata niya sa babae. That was…

"Oh, I thought he was cheating." Umiiling na bulong sa sarili.

He reminded himself not to jump in conclusion, next time.

Nang mawala na sa paningin niya ang lalaki, saka lang napansin ni Atticus ang malungkot na ngiti sa mga labi ng babae. When she walked out, he found himself following her.

'Hindi pala madadala sa ganda. What's this?' He scoffed.

Atticus sighed heavily when he saw her sat on the swing, makaraan lang ang ilang segundo, umiiyak na ito. Her shoulders were shaking.

He couldn't bear to watch a woman cry.

He lazily sat on the swing next to her and handed her his handkerchief. What happened next made him want to dig a hole and buried himself.

"Hindi ko alam ang rason bakit ka umiiyak… But, everything is going to be fine."

That was the lamest advice he ever heard. Fuck.

Umiwas siya ng tingin nang kinuha nito ang panyo sa kamay niya. Atticus knew to himself that he should leave by now. Pero ayaw sumunod ng sarili niyang katawan sa kanya. He stayed beside her until she finally calm down while glancing at his old wrist watch from time to time.

Mukhang napansin 'yon ng babae.

"I'm okay now… Thank you for staying." Sinsero na sabi nito.

Atticus' lips parted a little when she finally saw her face. Close up. A beauty indeed. Her chestnut brown eyes look lifeless but held so much emotion, her lips are cute and it looks like a small heart.

Habang tumatagal ang tingin niya sa dalaga. Para rin siyang nahihipnotismo sa ganda nito. She's like a goddess in Olympus. Her face was enough to sucked his sanity away.

She cleared her throat. "You're staring too much."

"Hindi ka ba sanay na tinititigan ng mga tao?" nakataas ang kilay na tanong niya.

"Sanay… but yours is a bit… How should I say this…?" Nanliit ang mga mata nito at pinitik ang mga daliri.

"I'm sorry." Atticus sighed. "Hindi 'yon labas sa ilong. I am truly sorry."

Napairap siya sa hangin. He wasn't good at apologizing, for he sounds sarcastic all the damn time.

She laughed at him. Even her laugh sounds great.

"I'm good now. Thank you, Sir." She thanked him again.

He was about to open his mouth when an expensive car horned. Doon napunta ang atensyon nilang dalawa ng babae. She stood up and thanked him again before she ran towards the car.

"Rich people…" Atticus uttered. Saka niya naalala ang usapan ng mga matatanda kanina sa faculty. "Of course, may boyfriend na siya."

And it was none of his business.

***

KHAILA STOOD up and left the man without thinking twice when she saw her  brother's car. Her chest was throbbing. Hindi niya maintindihan ang sarili kanina noong nakatitig ito sa mukha niya.