Preparing myself for the tiresome night one could have, tonight.

~

"Is he coming or not?"

Kiran's father questioned her, as she frantically waited, pacing around the entire hall, she nervously bit her lip, "He will, i know it."

He chuckled, "Not very punctual is he?"

Kiran mentally rolled her eyes, "He'll come, i just have to wait, and how about you greet some newly arrived guests instead of asking me the same question over and over again." she snapped.

Her mother arrived from behind, "Can you two lower it down? the guests might stare." she whispered, before walking away to meet some other people.

"You're going to make a joke out of yourself if he won't show up, mark my words." Her father muttered in her ear, before walking away, leaving her more anxious.

She paced around some more, until her eye caught something.

"Naseem?" she squinted, after realizing it was him, she ran up and wrapped her arms around him, he hugged her back, "You showed up?" she asked, he hummed.

"Am i too late?" he asked, pulling apart.

She shook her head, "Just in time for the event to start, i'll show you around." she said, clasping his arm and dragging him along, he recognized a few people but chose to ignore them.

After what seemed to be an hour or two, she took him towards a stone-faced man, who looked not too old, he sipped champagne daintily, casually conversing with other people.

"Naseem, this is my— father." she mumbled.

The man eyed him up and down, before forwarding his hand, to which Naseem glared at for a while, before shaking it as Kiran stared at him uncomfortably.

"Naseem Shah, pleased to meet you." Naseem spoke, "Kiran's father, Naurez Zaidi, pleasure to meet my daughter's boyfriend." he replied.

Naseem chuckled, "We aren't official."

Kiran turned to Naseem, with a faint smile on her face, as she got uncomfortable in that situation, "Ah, not official i see." her father said, Naseem nodded, "What exactly do you do?" he asked.

"I'm a cricketer, three time champion—"

Before Naseem could finish his sentence, Kiran's father burst out in a chuckle, making Naseem poke his tongue through his jaw, after stifling his laughter he looked up to Naseem.

"Cricketer? are you serious? you're funny." he laughed, slightly punching Naseem's chest, Kiran seemed pretty embarrassed, whereas Naseem was fuming, as he looked at the place where he touched him.

"I don't find it amusing, but hey let's be real, i'm not the one feeding off of other people's money am i?" Naseem laughed, as the smirk on Kiran's father wiped off.

"Hey i'm just joking man." Naseem chuckled, slightly punching his chest, as Kiran's father fixed his posture, until someone walked in, who seemed to be Kiran's mother to Naseem.

"Hello there, and who might you be?" she asked.

Naseem smiled, "I'm Naseem, Naseem Shah, nice to meet you, Kiran invited me, that won't be a problem with you, would it?"

She shook her head, "Not at all, i'm Kiran's mother, Roha Naurez, nice to meet you aswell, feel free to make yourself at home." she said, Kiran slowly nudged Naseem.

"Should we head up my room?" she whispered, Naseem turned to her, "I would love if we got out of this mess, so yes." he said, making Kiran chuckle.

As the two hurriedly made their way up to Kiran's room, when they arrived, Kiran shut the door behind, looking around her room.

"So what do you have in mind that we do?" she questioned with a sly smirk on her face, to which Naseem didn't notice, he turned around and sat down on the bed.

"I'm pretty bored." he replied, Kiran hummed, "I know you feel suffocated in here, i do aswell, i've grown up in this suffocating place, basically my whole life." she sighed.

"The academy's your escape isn't it?" he asked, she nodded, "But it became hell afterwards too." she replied, Naseem shuffled with his shoes.

She got closer, "But i still came, for you."

Naseem was confused by what she meant, until she stroked his face, thinking of the day she saw Kainaat stroking his face in that exact manner, reminding Naseem of the day aswell.

Her touch didn't feel the same, he wondered.

Her fingers made their way to his lips, she slightly rubbed his lips by the tip of her thumb, "You were what i wanted to achieve, you were what i desired this whole time." she whispered.

And before he could ask her what she meant, she attached her lips to his, as their lips made contact, Naseem figured out what she meant this whole time.

Her lips were soft, but weren't the same.