029;

Things were getting hard for Mia and Fletch. Since having Sophie, they hadn't been getting much sleep.

Mia knew it was to be expected as she knew how newborns barely slept. But she hated how there was so much tension between them.

Sophie had colic which is why they weren't sleeping. She felt bad for her baby suffering. But she knew there wasn't much she could do.

All she knew was that she needed to somehow focus on making it work with Fletch.

Morning came too quickly for her. She rolled onto her back and saw Fletch sitting there. Sophie asleep in his arms.

Mia sat up. "I didn't hear her wake," she said as she looked to him.

"You were snoring. You wouldn't have heard her."

Mia frowned. "I'm sorry. But is that a dig at me? For getting a couple hours sleep?" She asked.

Fletch rolled his eyes. "No. It's a good job she doesn't get breastfed isn't it? She would have gone without last night."

Mia shook her head. She was pissed at how he was acting. She was sick of him making his little comments about her.

"Forgive me. I'm here all day with Esmè and Sophie. I think I'm entitled to a little bit of sleep," she said.

"And I work all day. So I should be able to get some sleep too. But no. I come home and you're snoring your head off while Esmè is causing havoc. And Sophie is crying," Fletch said as he got out of bed and walked out the room.

Mia was trying to fight back the tears. But it wasn't easy. She hated how having their baby had caused so much stress and tension between them.

***
Mia opened the door to see Harper standing there. She frowned. "What's happened? Why have you been crying?" She asked.

"Fletch and I. We're not getting along at all. We had a full blown argument cause I slept through Sophie crying. I'm drained Harper. I can't do this on my own," Mia sobbed.

Harper pulled her close and sighed. She looked to her. "Okay. I'm going to take Esmè and Sophie for the night. Sophie isn't breastfed is she?"

"No. I can't ask you to do that."

"You're not asking. I'm offering. You're going to get a good nights sleep. Or you're going to hash it out with Fletch. Either way, these two cuties are coming with me for night. Okay?" Harper said as she looked to her.

Mia nodded. Thankful that she had Harper. Feeling like the odds were stacked against her. But knowing she needed to make it work for the sake of her girls.

***
Fletch was sitting in the office. He looked up as Harper walked in. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Stop being a jerk with Mia. She's just had a baby. And she doesn't need the stress. I'm taking Esmè and Sophie for the night so you can both get some sleep. Just stop going on at her. It's natural that she sleeps through crap sometimes. You try pushing a baby out of your vagina. Oh. No wait. You don't have a vagina," Harper said.

Fletch rolled his eyes. "I guess she didn't tell you how Esmè was left unsupervised. And Sophie was crying?"

"She did. And she's drained. She's awake most of the day. Feeding the baby. And making sure Esmè is okay. She's allowed an off day. Just back off," Harper told him.

Fletch watched as she walked off. Feeling annoyed how Mia had been airing their problems to Harper.

***
Fletch walked back into the house after his shift. He saw Mia and sighed. "I think we need to talk."

Mia looked to him and nodded. But would she like what he had to say?