030;

Mia knew how things were hard with her and Fletch. They were barely talking. And when they did, it was about the girls.

Mia didn't want it to be that way. She wanted it to be simple. She wanted them to be how they used to be. She knew she didn't regret having Sophie. But she wanted things to change.

Fletch had told her that he didn't like the way she had gone to talk to Harper about it. He always thought that they were the couple who could talk to each other.

All that Mia knew was that she was worried that her relationship with Fletch was going to mess up. And she didn't want it.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She climbed out of bed and saw Esmè sitting on the floor. "What you doing there baby?" She asked.

"Daddy shout me. Cause me tied kissing mine sister," Esmè mumbled.

Mia picked her up and held her close. She smiled. "You're allowed to kiss her baby. She's your sister too. But you have to be careful."

"Me know dat mummy. I just want to kiss mine sister," she told her.

Mia held her close and smiled. She walked downstairs with her. Fletch was there with Sophie. "She gets that from you."

"Huh?"

"Running off to gossip about bad daddy," Fletch said.

Mia rolled her eyes. She sighed and looked to him. "You need to grow up. She's upset that you wouldn't let her give her sister a kiss. She is allowed," she told him.

Fletch smirked. "I was kidding. Look, we need to make this work. We've got kids to look after. And I want this to work," he said.

"I know. But since I spoke to Harper about how I'm feeling, you've been harsh with me. I'm sorry that I needed to talk to my friend. All she did was give me advice and took the girls for the night so we could both sleep," Mia said.

"Im sorry babe. I do love you."

"I love you too."

The two of them kissed. Mia took Sophie from fletch and watched as he walked out. Just hoping things would be okay.

***
Mia had taken the girls into the daycare. She walked into the ED where she saw Harper. She walked over to her. "Hey."

"Hey hun. How's it going?" Harper asked. 

Mia nodded. "Fletch and I both agree we need to make it work. It's not just for us. It's for the kids too. They need us working together. Not bickering," she told her.

Harper grinned and nodded. She smiled. "Yeah. It won't always be easy. But I know you both can make it work. The girls will appreciate it more than you think."

***
When Mia had gotten back home, she got the girls fed and ready for bed. She sighed as she made dinner for her and fletch.

He walked in and smiled. "Oh hey. What's all this in aid of?" He asked as he kissed her lips.

"I want us to make this work. So once a week, I want us to get the kids in bed early. And we have a night for us. I cook us dinner and then we watch a movie," she told him. 

Fletch nodded and smiled. He held her close. Both of them hoping it would work out. But would it?