Tip #8: DO NOT fight a stupid, egotistical hero who has a gun

Trigger Warning/Content Warning:

•Very brief description of Gunshot Wounds/Mild Violence

(I'm bad at writing fight scenes so I skipped to the injuries) (which I also didn't describe well)

Grian looked sideways at his friend as Impulse glanced down at his phone. "Are you sure there's been no hero sightings near here?" Impulse queried, frowning. "We're really close to headquarters, so it won't end well if there are any nearby."

"I'm sure it'll be fiiinnee- oh, for Void's- seriously?!" The dirty blonde added with a scowl as he spotted Hotguy and Seize turn round the corner.

Hotguy froze as he spotted the pair, saying something to Seize before rushing forwards. "Hey! Losers!" Great. Funnn. His gaze flicked briefly to the pistol in the hero's hand before looking at Impulse, who looked incredibly anxious.

"Dude. I. Cannot be bothered, actually, please just leave us alone." Grian said skeptically, glancing between the heroes as Seize joined the group.

"What- you're- no!" Hotguy finished lamely, pulling a face. "You're villains!"

"Your point?" Impulse said with a frown. "We're just walking."

"Where?" Seize queried, adjusting his mask and tilting his head slightly with as quizzical of an expression as he could manage with his mouth and nose covered.

"Just... on a walk." Grian interjected hastily as Impulse shot him a mildly panicked look. Definitely not heading to headquarters, that would be crazy, man. Haha.

"Rrright. I'm sure you're like- on your way to rob the bank- and fail again! Or you're-" Hotguy squinted at the pair, looking them up and down for what Grian could only presume was any sign of criminal activity. "Running away from a crime!" The brunette added lamely as Grian and Impulse exchanged a skeptical glance.

"Look, we're not trying to start a fight. Please just- leave us be." Impulse said quietly as Grian glanced around, wondering how quickly any other villains would be able to reach them. "Just leave us b-" Impulse's repetition was cut off as a knife flew towards his head and he dodged it swiftly. The scene then descended into chaos.

This, of course, ended up in Grian fighting Hotguy. The parrot hybrid knew that Hotguy was cocky and smug and Grian really didn't like his personality, but the dirty blonde had no prior impressions of the hero's fighting skills (other than the fact that he had managed to murder a villain, that is).

Turns out Hotguy was very good at landing his shots (which was not good for Grian, especially when his opponent was using a gun and when the villain was more focused on leading the heroes away from headquarters than fighting), which led to Grian practically collapsing to the ground with a shriek and clutching his stomach, which had been shot about three times.

Fun.

He stared down at his hands (this quickly became quite a difficult task as a number of black spots began to cloud his vision), which were slowly being stained red from the blood seeping through his jumper. To be fair, there wasn't nearly as much blood as he would have expected from three gunshots, but there was still quite a lot.

While thinking this, he barely registered the clattering of Impulse's weapon hitting the ground as his friend ran over.

The parrot hybrid could hear vague shouting (maybe from Impulse?) and panicked shrieking (either from Impulse or Hotguy, although he wasn't entirely sure), but he couldn't really make out any words.

The only thing he was able to make out was a choked, "Why do you keep- trying to kill people I care about?!"

Then his vision went black.