London quickly got to work, adjusting the sound levels and ensuring everything was set up properly for our recording session. The room filled with the sound of cables being connected, knobs being adjusted, and the hum of the mixing console. "Y'all could go in the booth now. Bae we gon start with your verse first, and then Semaijah, I'll cue you in when it's your turn."

We nodded and made our way into the booth. Summer positioned herself in front of the microphone, her gaze fixed on the lyrics displayed on her phone and as the instrumental track began playing, Summer's voice filled the room and I listened intently. London nodded approvingly as Summer's verse came to a close. He paused the instrumental track and his voice played through the speakers in the booth, "Alright, Semaijah, your turn."

I stepped forward and positioned myself in front of the microphone, adjusting it to my height. The instrumental started playing again, and I closed my eyes, letting the music guide me.

"That's on my mama, yeah, that's on the hood. Don't want no problems, I wish a bitch would. Try to come between us, it won't end up good. You know I love you like no one else could."   The words flowed effortlessly from my lips.

I go to hell and back for you
Bend over backwards, acrobats for you
Yeah, I go up to bat for you
Even when shit looking bad for you

"I've been waiting so long for a love like this. It's a feeling so strong, I don't wanna resist. Like you can't do no wrong, got me losing my shit. Gotta loosen my grip."

Me and Summer sung the rest of the song pouring our hearts into the song and London's voice filled the booth once again, "I'm fucking with it. Y'all did amazing, Cmon and listen so we could see if it's any adjustments we got to make."

We stepped out of the booth and London played back the recording, and we listened as the sound filled the room. The song was amazing. London listened critically, making a few notes and adjustments here and there. After a few more playbacks and some minor tweaks, the song was ready to go. London started clapping and me and Summer both smiled.

"This shit gon be a hit. Number one, First week."

"Thank you so much Mai, I wouldn't want nobody else on this song but you." Summer said.

"Nah, Thank you. I'm so honored to be a part of this collaboration with you."

"Y'all sure y'all don't wanna make another song? Y'all make a great team." London hyped us up.

"You know what, Bae? I think that's a great idea." Summer replied, "Semaijah, what do you think?"

"I'm down for it," I said, nodding my head.
_____

"Oh my Godddd." I groaned in pain as another sharp pain shot through my abdomen. I clutched my stomach, "I gotta get some ibuprofen. They don't got none?" I asked Jamie who was in the bathroom with me.

"I think I have some in my purse." Jamie replied. She quickly rummaged through her bag and handed me the bottle. "Here, take these."

"I need water. I can't swallow pills by itself."

"You is too grown." Jamie said and I playfully rolled my eyes "Niya, Go get her a water bottle." Jamie said and Niya nodded walking out of the bathroom "You sure you don't need to go to the hospital?"