I intertwined our fingers, lacing our hands together and we started swaying side to side.

"We don't even got no music playing." I chuckled.

"We'on need music when we got yo voice." Ja looked down at me smiling "Yo voice is the most beautiful melody to my ears." He mocked one of the lines from one of my favorite movies.

I laughed. "Gone on bra."

"Gone on bra? You starting to talk like me."

"I've noticed that? I gotta start hanging out with my friends again, Im turning into a whole mini you."

"Nah I fuck with it." He smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully looking from him.

"Last night you were the one I was missin." I sung before I leaned in and brushed my lips against his, a gentle and tender kiss that spoke volumes of the love and connection we shared.

"But tonight you're standing right there." He sung along looking me in my eyes.

"You just know how to make me cringe." I bit the insides of my cheeks to stop myself from laughing.

"You know you love my singing talking bout some I'm making you cringe."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You know I love everything about you but baby you gotta leave that singing stuff to me or Fantasia."

"I could sing."

"No you cannot and that's okay. God blessed with you the ability to know how to play basketball. Leave the singing to the professionals just like how I leave the basketball playing to you."

"Nah, Im tired of you." He lifted me up in his arms, carrying me effortlessly. I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck for support.

"Jamel put me down!" I playfully protested, pretending to struggle. But deep down, I didn't mind him holding me. He just better walk me back home.

Ja grinned, pretending to consider it for a moment. "Nah I think I should throw you."

"Jamel ima fuck you up so bad if you do that."

"Yeen gon do shit." Jamel chuckled swaying me back and forth as I was in his hands "You ready?"

"Jamel you better not throw me, I swear to God!" I yelled and without warning, he tossed me into the water, causing a big splash.

I emerged from the water, spluttering and gasping for breath. My clothes clung to my skin, soaked through.  "Yeah I'm about to fuck you up!" I shouted as I swam towards the shore and Ja started laughing and running.

Jamel ran along the beach and I chased after him. Jamel looked back, he realized I was gaining on him. A mischievous grin spread across his face as he quickened his pace, zigzagging along the shoreline to throw me off.

"Bae, I'm just a girl! You tiring me outttt."

"You always blaming something on being a girl."

"Duh! It ain't easy." I stopped and placed my hands on my hips trying to catch my breath. Jamel started walking back towards me and once he got close to me I pulled him down by his dreads and started punching him "Told you."