"Thank you Dion." I smiled.

"You're welcome ma'am. I'll just be sitting here waiting for you." Dion stated and I nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I made my way towards the front door. As I approached, my heart began to race. I'm sure it's not too late to turn around and catch a flight back to Memphis, Right? Right.

"Nope I gotta do it." I told myself. I rang the doorbell and waited. After what felt like an eternity, the door opened and there stood my mother. Her eyes widened in surprise. I don't even know why she's shocked, You literally invited me here and I told you I'm on my way...

"My baby." My mother's voice was choked with emotion as she reached out to hug me.

I hesitated for a moment before finally hugging her back. It felt strange to be in her arms again after so many years of not seeing her.

"I've seen videos and pictures of you online but oh my gosh, You've grown up so much. You look so beautiful Semaijah. My baby, You're so beautiful." She pulled back to look at me.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of happiness at my mother's words. Despite everything that had happened between us, there was still a part of me that was happy that she felt this way about me.

"Thank you momma." I said softly.

"Come on come inside. Do you want anything to drink? Anything to eat? I made some of your favorite dishes. That's if you still like them." My mother lead me inside and I looked around the living room and realized how much things had changed since the last time I was there. The room was filled with new furniture and decorations, and everything looked much more modern than I remembered.

"Yeah everything has changed." My mama chuckled "Your room is still the same though."

I smiled at the mention of my room. It was always my favorite place in the house, a cozy space where I could escape and be alone with my thoughts. "I'll have water and I'm not hungry right now. I'll probably take something home though." I sat down on the couch taking in my surroundings.

My mother disappeared into the kitchen and returned with a water bottle. She sat down beside me on the couch and looked at me, "I don't think you understand how happy I am to see you, Semaijah. I've missed you so much."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I looked at my mother. Despite everything that had happened between us, I had missed her too.

"I missed you too, Momma. It's been long."

There was a pause as we both sat in silence, unsure of what to say next. My mother looked down at her hands, and I could sense the weight of her emotions. "Do you remember when you kicked me out of the house because I kept crying and missing my dad?"

My mother looked down at her lap and nodded. "Yes, I remember, and I'm sorry." she said.

"I can't believe you did that to me Mama, I was just a little girl, Nine years old. A nine year old girl who just wanted her dad. You kicked me out and I needed you. But you didn't want anything to do with me because of your hatred for my dad. You were supposed to be my protector, but you pushed me away and made me feel unloved and unwanted."

My mother's eyes filled with tears as she listened to me speak. "I know, Semaijah, and I am so sorry. I should have never let my own feelings get in the way of being there for you. You were just a child, and you needed me to be there for you no matter what. I was just so angry at your dad and didn't know how to handle my feelings. I took it out on you."