Chapter 34: Nico Robin

Start from the beginning

So Sanji's here...why am I surprised...if anyone would already be here it'd be him.

My head tilted curiously at the mention of Franky, wondering what he's like and why he was suddenly buddy buddy with Usopp.

My ears perk at the sound of footsteps approaching the door, Robin noticing too, as I tell Usopp to quickly hide. He panicked and looks around, not knowing where without being in plain sight so Robin shoved him under her coat in a desperate attempt to not get caught.

The stubby man asked what we were doing and why it was so loud in here as he eyed Robin suspiciously. I had to stop myself from laughing every time Usopp moved his arms pretending to be Robin.

When the man left Usopp turned to us and showed us the octopuses that he planned for us to use so we can climb out.

Robin shook her head, "I'm not going back! I'll never return to the strawhats!"

"You really think they'll be happy being alive because their friend had to sacrifice themself?! They'll follow you to the depths of hell and take out your enemies!"

Robin stood up from her seat as she yelled back at Usopp, "It's you guys who dont get it! I have no desire to be rescued! Don't go doing whatever you feel like!"

Chaos was heard in the cart next us and I could see Robin clench her hands into fists before she walked over to the door with Usopp trying to stop her.

"Robin-swan! Thank god you're okay!" I could hear Sanji's voice from the other side of the cart.

I got up from my seat and stood behind her, peaking my head over her shoulder to see what was going on.

"Y/n!" Sanji called out with a smile on his face, a visible wave of reliefs washing over him. "Thank goodness you guys are okay! I'll bring these guys down really quick and then we can leave! Okay, Robin-chwan and  Y/n?!"

Robin didn't respond to Sanji's call and I was too busy watching Robin to answer as well. The archeologist used her Devil fruit to throw Usopp back to them, "Even if I explain it to you, you guys just won't get it huh?"

"What're we gonna do?!"

The sound of an unfamiliar voice caught my attention and I finally noticed a man behind Sanji and Usopp. He had blue hair and was bulk with a...speedo? and a Hawaiian shirt.

Is that Franky?

"We run!"

"Huh?!"

"Smoke star!"

Once the 'star' hit the floor a bunch of pink smoke filled the cart, obstructing everyone's view.

I coughed a bit and squinted my eyes once the smoke reached me. It was a pretty clever move in the way that it was highly unexpected.

"You ready, Y/n?" Usopp's voice reached my ears and when I heard Robin's surprised grunt I knew we were going to make a run for it.

"We got Nico Robin and Y/n! Lets go!"

"Yes!" Sanji and Franky pumped their fists with wide grins.

I couldn't help but smile at their actions, happy to be reunited with them. The carts separated and we were finally away from them...for now.

"I don't think it'll be that easy..." Sanji lit his cigarette as his hair covered his eyes.

The man I'm assuming is Franky nodded in agreement, "It's best to relax when the carts are further away."

Just like they said, spiky whips wrapped around the cart, pulling it back. Blueno grabbed our cart connecting it to theirs, "A smoke screen? What a worthless little thing."