Wins and Losses

**THINGS TO KNOW**

(Y/N) - Your Name

(F/C) - Favorite Color

(E/C) - Eye Color

(H/C) - Hair Color

(H/L) - Hair length

(S/C) - Skin Color

~~TIME SKIP~~

"dialog"

'thoughts'

Y/N POV

The back gate along with it's training ground was closed and was said that it was being repaired. Many O'Khasis guards were stationed in the area until it was repaired.

Simon said that someone 'broke in' the castle and destroyed the gate along with the storage room. He and some of his guards will investigate the area and will catch the thief.

"But...?" Zane said.

"They will never find him. I worked all night to trash the place and to remove their scent." I smile proudly at Zane.

Zane stopped looking at the reports I made when he was gone. He sighed loudly and pinched his temples. I leaned closer to Zane.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Well, it's nothing new. I can cover up almost anything now! Though covering up a murder may be a little hard since a witch can easily use their familiars to find the k-" I rambled but Zane cut me off.

"No, are you okay?" he asked again but since he's not holding his temple, I can see his worried-filled eyes.

I smiled and walked closer to him. He stood up and opened his arms to me. I smiled even bigger, opened my arms and wrap my arms around his waist. He hugged me tightly and I breathe in his scent along with the ink and paper smell.

"You said he almost clawed you. It could've hurt you..." He said softly to me.

"I'm okay, besides, I completely understand why Visher almost clawed me. I held down his wife and hurt her, if someone did that to you, I wouldn't hesitate to cut his throat."

"I would do that for you too." I felt him smile against my neck.

"Just promise me you'll keep yourself safe."

"I promise." I said.

"Really?"

I pulled away from the hug and smiled at him.

"You know I never make promises that I can't keep."

"I know but... there are times when something unexpected happens and what if that takes you from me?" Zane held my hands.

I kiss his hands and he kissed mine.

"I'm scared of what can happen tomorrow but we can't avoid it, we need to face it, and whenever I face it with you, I face it with courage and if something unexpected happens, I will do my best to return to you, even if I come back in two pieces."

"You will come back to me in one." He said.

I smiled and leaned my face to his but he turned his face away, revealing his red ears. I kissed his cheeks instead and his ears became redder. He suddenly scoffed and sat down at his desk.