CHAPTER 2

**THINGS TO KNOW**

(AN)- Author's Note

(Y/N) - Your Name

(F/C) – Favorite Color

(E/C) – Eye Color

(H/C) – Hair Color

(H/L) – Hair length

(S/C) – Skin Color

~~TIME SKIP~~

"dialog"

'thoughts'

(Y/N) POV

I entered the room and saw Zack sitting on his chair signing stacks of papers in front of him.

"Hello... sir." I greeted him.

"Hello (Y/N), how are you?" Zack asked me while still looking at the papers.

"I'm doing well sir. My wounds are fully healed and Wilona said that I can report back in duty." I answered loud and clear.

"Good. You might be wondering why I have called for you here." He said

"Actually, yes sir." I said

"Good. I was given a letter from the Castle, asking for guards for the lord's son." Zack said.

"Guards?" I asked.

"Yes, when you were out, the Castle was infiltrated and the youngest son of Lord Garte was... assassinated." He sighed

"That's horrible..." I frowned.

"Yes, it is and because of this, Lord Garte asked us to send someone to protect his son" Zack said.

"So why did you call for me?" I asked.

"I'm going to send you there."

"What?! Why?" I exclaimed.

"Calm down, I'm not abandoning you, it's just that we need guards here, but I cannot send newbies to the lord since that would look like I'm disrespecting the lord." He said as he stood up and walked towards me.

"But why me? Aren't I too young for this?!" I complained.

"Because all of the adults here are getting ready for the raid. We are already short on people and you are one of the best here. Even if you are young, you can order people and lead them to safety."

"But--".

"No 'buts'." Zack cut me off.

"You're the only one I can trust about this. I know you have done a lot for the border, but you really are the only one I can trust about this."

"Okay."

"Thank you. Now, we will leave as soon as possible."

"We?"

"Yes 'we'. I have to give the reports to the lord and request weapons for the coming raid and when I'm done I'll be back here, now go and pack your stuff."

"Alright... " I sighed.

~~TIME SKIP~~

Zack and I stopped by the stables to station our horse and traveled by foot for the rest of our journey to the lord but we were stopped by the guard at the entrance of the castle.

"Halt! State your purpose." the guard demanded.

"We're the borderline soldiers that the lord requested. Here's the letter to prove our purpose." Zack gave the letter and the guard took it then read it.