27: The Perilous Adventure

"Let's...GO ON AN ADVENTURE!" said an ecstatic Dabi.

"That is the spirit, Dabi!" added Odette.

However, as they walked...and walked...and walked some more...Dabi had had enough. She groaned.

"I'm...TIRED!!! AND I'M BORED TOO! HOW IS THIS A DAMN ADVENTURE?!?!"

Athena was pretty concerned.

"Is she always like this?" she asked Joan.

"Sometimes. But she somehow calms herself down."

"Still...I find her sort of whiny."

"But I'm afraid her extreme boredom and her non-stop tantruming have a meaning." Heli said.

"True," said Shion, "We, as well, are tired of walking. And it's been the same scenery since we began our way over to wherever the IPS pointed."

"Besides," said Odette, "We don't even know where the island is really located, even without the IPS and GPS."

Athena's stomach began to growl.

"So hungry," she mumbled, "This reminds me...what should we do about food?"

"And most importantly," said Sena, "Where are we going to sleep for the night? It's much too cold out here."

Athena felt quite sleepy. Suddenly, she fell asleep in Heli's arms.

"I believe we have to find sanctuary somewhere a little further away from here." Heli said, "There, we can rest for a little while before continuing on with our journey."

"But where are we going to stay tonight, is the question," said Looisha, "It's going to take a miracle to find a comfortable place."

Athena then mumbled, "I wish there was a place to stay for tonight."

The Crimson Heart began to glow. The necklace had shined so blindingly, that everyone closed their eyes. And then, they were transported to an inside of an elite inn.

"Who would stay at a place like this?" asked Dabi, "We barely have any money in our pockets."

Heli put Athena down. Athena felt her pockets...and then felt coins and dollar bills inside.

"A miracle right here!" she shouted.

She then passed each bill to each and every one of the gang. It was truly a miracle, indeed.

This was quite strange. Monterey County was a protected environment. It was completely controlled by the U.S government. The weather was always sweltering like Spring and Summer. It never rained except during December and January. All citizens were provided with enough food, water, homes and all other necessities. You didn't have to worry about paying bills and earning money. The government would pay for it all. It is their responsibility to care for the citizens. So, in other words, hunger, cold and poverty was foreign in the County.

It was while the group were settling in for the night, when Athena sat up while everyone else laid down. She then frowned and sighed. And then, a familiar voice then spoke to her.

"Can't sleep, can you, ma'am?" she said.

Athena was startled and turned to where the voice was coming from: it was Sena.

"I don't really feel sleepy at this time." Athena responded.

Sena snickered. "I can't either."

She then paused for a moment, while tying her ponytail.