chapter 10: 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗺𝗮

"What topic are you two discussing?" She said giving a joyful smile, that smile which melt govasena's heart million times, seeing her a tear came down from his eyes

"Father? tears in your eyes? Tatashree, what happened? what kind of topic are you talking about please tell me." She said.

"Ah, Nothing daughter, we were discussing your marriage, Sindhuraj Jayadrath's proposal has come, to marry you!" Jayasena said.

"Sindhuraj?" She dropped the flowers in shock. Will she marry that jayadrath? Who was starring her with his lustful gaze? Who consider women as nothing but slave of men?

"Anyway, it's okay, you will become a queen by marrying Jayadrath, there will be no shortage of even a single thing. And this marriage will establish good relations between Shivi and Sindhu, Jayadrath loves you very much. I know, which girl would not want to be made the queen of Sindhu? After all, it has become such a prosperous state!" Jayasena was saying without even noticing the expressions of father and daughter.

Devika was listening his words with tears in her eyes.

"Tatshree! I will not marry sindhu naresh!" She said.

"Hey.." jayasena was saying but govasena interrupted.

"When Devika herself has refused, then this marriage cannot happen." Govasena said and devika looked at him.

"Huh, Your intellect is ruined! Why are you not understanding? Shivi will be in loss by denying this relationship! that Jayadratha will wage war! And is your army strong enough to compete with Jayadrath's army? Don't be blind in the love of your daughter! If you listen to me then only you will be benefited." He said angrily.

"Bharata, Sorry, but I will not decide the marriage of my daughter by going against her wish, after all, this throne is not more important to me than her happiness." Govasena said firmly, jayasena left furiously and mrinalika entered.

"Please think about this, and Bhrata is also saying this for the benefit of Devika." Mrinalika tries to convince him.

"I know very well what is in her interest and what is not, and you are not seeing from Devika's point of view, Jayadrath is the king but..." govaseni was saying but mrinalika bursted in anger.

"This is the reason of your pamperings! She has become eligible for marriage, the sooner it happens the better! Brother is not saying inappropriate, you are doing inappropriate! Devika will be married to Jayadratha only and she will enjoy the happiness of the queen..." mrinalika was saying but devika left the room crying.
......
She locked the door of room, her sobbings were the only thing which can be heard. She cried hard. She knows what type of person jayadrath is, she cannot marry a lustful person, she knew that he can make her a queen but she will be always disrespected.

Her uncle, her mother spoke bitter words to her father and he kept listening just for her sake, this broke her heart even more

Her uncle, her mother spoke bitter words to her father and he kept listening just for her sake, this broke her heart even more. Everyone was against her choices, but her father supported her. But she cried loudly because she was not a perfect daughter for her father.

Govasena entered the room

Govasena entered the room. He hugged her and she cried more. Her cries broke his heart.
He consoled her.

"don't you worry, i'll see!" He smiled and kept his hand on her hair

"But Jayadrath will fight, I don't want war to happen because of me, I don't want to be the reason for the people's sorrows. A princess should take decisions in the interest of her subjects, because not only the royal family but also the subjects have a lot of expectation from her. As a princess, it is our duty to do good to the people. That's why I PAURAVI DEVIKA WILL MARYY SINDHURAJ JAYADRATH!" She said. Govasena was amazed by her and mrinalika too as she overheard their talks. She was feeling soryy.

"And anyway, I'm not just a princess but a daughter too. And when Mata and Tatshree were getting angry on you, I felt very sad, how can I let you hear bitter words just because of me?" She cupped his hand. Her parents eyes become moist.

"You think so much about your state and us, that is enough, I am lucky to have a daughter like you." Mrinalika hugged her. She too hugged her back, she was not angry on her mother she knows she was saying for her benefit. She thought that she will live a luxurious life being a queen.

"You will not marry Jayadrath, I will discuss with Sindhuraj." Govasena said smilingly.

"When you go to meet him, take me too, so that we can settle the matter peacefully." Devika said and he nodded.

"Come on now Shaivya is getting worried for you!" Mrinalika said and they came outside and saw shaivya restlessly walking.

"Jiji! Don't worry, your brother will fight with that Jayadrath for the sake of your happiness. But you will not marry him! that's my decision." He said furiously. Devika smiled and hugged him.

"I didn't know that my fragile prince loved me so much!" She muttered.

"And yes, mother has now agreed that I should not marry Jayadrath!" She said and hugged him.

◦•●◉✿ - ✿◉●•◦
A/N
LET'S SEE WHAT DEVIKA WILL DO!