Chapter 9: 𝗔 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗹

Devika's eyes were still fixed on the same path

Devika's eyes were still fixed on the same path. She could only watch the man on the horse disappear, his soft hair fluttering in the wind. His bronze eyes looked at Devika. She couldn't see his face because he covered his face with a cloth. The arrow and bow fell down from her hands, his eyes made a impressive impact on pauravi. She just want to drown in those pair of coppery eyes. A smile bloomed on her pinkish lips.

"Who was he, yes he was a brahmin but..?" She whispered to herself. Suddenly she realized that she has to go to raj mahal. She left the forest. After some time they left for shivi.

Devika fell on her royal bed, she was lost in thoughts of that man. Her eyes were yearning to have a glimpse of that man. She was too much impressed. She fell asleep.

Next day. Today was the first day of Navratri, everyone was ready to celebrate this grand festival. Our mata entered. Now it was time for aarti.

"The daughters are the form of the mother goddess! So that's why they should also get the opportunity to light the lamp. So I would like my daughter Devika to light a lamp at the feet of mother goddess and perform arti." He said smilingly. Devika joined her hands, and lighted the lamp. Then she performed arti. She offered beautiful flowers at the feet of the mother of the world. Everyone closed their eyes and prayed.
            ❁ ════ ❃• - •❃ ════ ❁
In corridor. Devika was talking with indrakshi. Jayadrath was passing by, but seeing devika he stopped. She was wearing light blue and yellow dress, with open hair, the curls touching her shoulders, she wore little jewellery. Jayadrath's eyes were fixed on the tall princess with dazzling black eyes, a long nose, pink lips, tall height.

He couldn't take his eyes off her, devika noticed him

He couldn't take his eyes off her, devika noticed him. She walked near to him.

"Greetings Sindhuraj, do you need anything?" She asked.

"Ah, no no." He stammered. Suddenly krishna ji came.

"Devika? Your sister is calling you and you are here?" Shree Krishna said. "Oh sorry vasudev." She said and left with indrakshi. They all left.

            ❁ ════ ❃• - •❃ ════ ❁
Jayadrath has to go to sindhu next day. He was laying on his bed, whenever he closes his eyes only the image of devika came in his mind.