Chapter 40: Soirèe

Start from the beginning

'So he did see huh? The servants who dressed me probably did see it too. It's not like it's confidential right?' Her eyes twitch then narrows thinking about this as he looks at Ray unconsciously.

So Sabrina then raised her right hand then pulled off the sleeve and showed to him her bare skin.

"W-what kind of s-s-sexual thing are you doing!!!!?"

Unexpectedly, Ray's face was blushing and his eyes were not trying to look at Sabrina at all.

Sabrina on the other hand was confused and dumbfounded. 'How is this thing classified as sexual? Does this guy know sex education?'

"Y-Y-Y-You le-lewd girl!" With hands covering his face to block his eyesight, Ray was stuttered to speak.

Amazed due to how stupid Ray looked, Sabrina curled her red lips.

"Stop doing that. You're not a kid." Sabrina dismayingly scoff looking at him. "Anyways, this is a servant contract I requested from the temple. Oh and by the way, where is Grace?"

"...."

"Speak right now or I'll throw this cup right in your face."

"G-Grace that servant right? She was the one who made this tea then she disappeared after." He replied looking at the ground with his face still red, trying to avoid Sabrina's eyes.

"Is that so? I'm glad she didn't put poison on it." Without thinking beforehand, Sabrina spews what's in her mind.

"P-P-Poison?!!"

"Oh, I was just kidding..."

As the smell of the tea covered up the whole area, a soothing atmosphere was born.

"I don't like beating around the bush." Ray claimed.

"So do I." Replied Sabrina.

A long sigh then occurred to Ray as he looked like struggled to open his mouth. He then looked at Sabrina's crimson red eyes.

"Do... Do you like me?"

His hazelnut eyes looked at her as if it was an open door.

Looking at her in seriousness as he waited for a word that would soon come out from the mouth of Sabrina.

"W........

◇◆◇

Years ago when I was eight of age, I was invited by some ball.

I never took interest in it neither my family but my father accepted it.

The first born and I went together to the ball. It was a soirée and the ball seemed to be talking all about music.

Though the harmony and melodic music the orchestra made was pleasant, I've grown tired listening to it repeatedly.

The first born of our family was already socializing while no one came to me to speak.

I couldn't get any drinks since it was all alcohol and no one offered me a juice

I was alone and the music became boring so I came out of the event's hall.

'Getting some fresh air' would be my reason but that's a lie. No one wanted to talk to me so I just got out so that I wouldn't end up embarrassing myself.

I first went to the garden. It was night and the garden was the perfect place to kill some time but the smell of the flowers and pollen hurt my nose.

So I ended up wheezing and coughing as I strolled away from the garden. That's where when I-

"Oh? I thought a dog was barking non stop. Who could have thought it was a mere human being?"

A small lady with red eyes appeared just to insult me.

It was the first time that my heart beat faster as if it was about to burst out of my chest. And I could feel the flow of my blood spreading throughout the area of my cheek.

For the first time, I felt insulted and offended so badly that my face blushed with a throbbed sensation inside my chest.

It was a first -and I could not figure out what that feeling was.