̗̀➛ A Phoenix's Flame is Merciful

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ Make sure to keep device at a distance to reduce eye strain. ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ AUTHOR'S NOTE

Due to school, my upload schedule is still irregular. I'm trying to go slowly with writing, but as of now, I'm really sorry. 

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ A PHOENIX'S FLAME IS MERCIFUL 

;; ✧ y/n's point of view

My last sight of my pitiful life was the love of my life.

At first, this seems romantic but all I felt in that current moment was regret and sorrow. The realization that your actions have caused irreversible damage impacts you way more than you think.

The endless loop of "what-ifs" playing in your mind like a broken record, a constant ache in your heart, reminding you of what could have been, in summary, my life. 

Until the end, I never achieved anything.

When I was young, I liked to imagine telling everyone about my accomplishments that I've made throughout my life, seeing their amazed and impressed reactions as I grin ear to ear. 

If I could talk to my younger self again, I would've said, "I'm sorry, for ruining your life, your dreams, and even lost your everything, Kim Sunoo."

Once you reach death, only when it's time for you to realize that living was truly a gift, even throughout challenges, friendship break ups, family issues, you'll realize you'll never get the chance to see that one person.

It slowly eats you up from the inside until you can't take it anymore.

;; ✧ third person

As he slipped away into the void, he suddenly felt himself being pulled back. He opened his eyes and found himself staring up at a bright, blue sky.

He sat up, feeling a strange sense of disorientation. He looked down at his hands and saw that they were small and delicate, the hands of a child.

Confused and disoriented, Y/N looked around him and saw that he was in a beautiful meadow, filled with colourful flowers and buzzing insects. He stood up and saw that he was wearing a simple white robe, and he felt a sense of peace and contentment that he had never experienced before.

An echoing powerful voice shuddered, "Χαίρετε" (Chairete/Hello.) it said. Y/N furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Is this purgatory?" He asked, knowing of his death. The voice simply let out a giggle, and soon now there were multiple giggles from different voices. 

From deep voices to voices that sounded as if they belonged to children. A squeaky childlike voice spoke up in worry, "Δεν νομίζω ότι καταλαβαίνει" (Den nomizo oti katalavainei/I don't think he understands.) 

More confusion filled Y/N, fear almost replacing that feeling. "I'm sorry, I thought every human could speak ancient greek." The prior voice said, silencing other voices. Y/N freaked out as questions filled his head, who are these voices?

"It's quite rude to refer to us as voices." A mature feminine cried out, reading Y/N's mind.

"I'm sorry about her, she's a little bit narci..tic. Narcississitic? Nar-" 

"Narcissistic." The same feminine voice said, correcting the male voice which sounded as if he was around in the late teenager years.

Looking up in the sky as if the voices came from there, Y/N asked, "Then what are you?" The feminine voice scoffed, "Were the stars of the sky, watching over you humans." The more they spoke, the more Y/N felt confused. He decided to just accept them as weird divine beings and chose to be straight forward.

With a stern look on his face, Y/N asks, "Where's Sunoo?" Clenching his fist, hoping they'd give him an answer, knowing the trauma Sunoo must've went through after seeing his best friend fall to his death, right after they accepted each other's feelings.

"You humans are confusing. You're asking about your pair's whereabouts rather than worrying about yourself first."' The other voices hummed and agreed, seeming as if this isn't one of the first cases where a person has been an exception to the afterlife system.

The first voice to speak to Y/N answered, "It's been weeks after your death, Sunoo took a leave and your funeral is currently taking place. Look down." 

Y/N looked down at the long, dainty, soft grass and his feet. It slowly morphed into where his funeral was taking place. A room full of his loved ones, his coffin as a beautiful array of flowers surround it and his picture. 

He didn't care about his funeral, Y/N only cared about Sunoo.

After looking for a while, there he was, in silence, looking down at his shoes. Y/N tried to look at his eyes, but after seeing the emptiness and guilt, he couldn't bare to look anymore. "I'm sorry.." He whispered to himself, forgetting about the voices still watched him.

"Do you want another chance to live?"

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise, of course he wanted to.

"Please.." 

His life flashed before his eyes, as if going backwards. He was exactly about the age the incident happened, although it were some months back. He realized that he had been reincarnated. He was a child again, with a new chance at life.

He felt a sense of excitement and joy, but also a deep sense of responsibility. He knew that he had been given a second chance, and he was determined to make the most of it.

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ NEXT CHAPTER: PRESENT MEMORIES

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

end ;; 929 words