̗̀➛ Love, The Weather of Imperfection

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ Make sure to keep device at a distance to reduce eye strain. ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ LOVE, THE WEATHER OF IMPERFECTION

Y/N had been feeling particularly insecure lately. His imperfections seemed to be the only thing he could see when he looked in the mirror. He was feeling like an imposter, waiting for someone to expose his flaws. 

He tried to shake the thoughts off, but it was a constant battle. He was sitting on his couch, scrolling through his phone trying to take off his mind, although it was difficult. Every time he glanced anywhere in social media he would be reminded of the negativity surrounding the accident. 

When he heard a knock on the door. He wasn't expecting anyone, but he slowly got up and answered the door to find Sunoo standing there, smiling at him with a bag of snacks he got from the convenience store.

"Hey, I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by. Is that okay? I even got snacks for us." Sunoo asked, pulling up the gray plastic bag and showing him what's inside. it was melona, biggrae, beer and fried chicken. 

"Of course, it's great to see you," Y/N replied, oddly enough, seeing Sunoo in front of him washed away the feeling of anxiety. Y/N needed Sunoo by his side, and he knew that all his life. 

Sunoo noticed that Y/N wasn't himself and knew what to do just to cheer him up. "Let's just chill and catch up, yeah?" He suggested, knowing that mid-conversation he'd get Y/N to mention his current mental health and try to boost his mood up.

Stepping aside to let Sunoo inside, Y/N gestured him to go sit at the black leather couch, "Come inside, lucky the flat's still clean, ahaha." He softly chuckled, he was sure he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone until Sunoo had showed up. Sunoo placed the bag on the table in front of the couch and started to take out the food and beverages. 

The aroma of the fried chicken smelt delicious, and Y/N grew the appetite he didn't have before to eat. "Time to dig in!~" Sunoo cheered, patting the spot next to him for Y/N to sit at. 

They talked on for ages about their lives, although Sunoo was making sure Y/N was doing most of the talking. After a while, he noticed the perfect opportunity to mention mental health and Y/N fell silent. 

Worried, Sunoo asked "Are you okay?" wondering whether he made the right decision to go slow with the discussion. Slowly, Y/N drooped his head down and tried to gather up the courage to talk to Sunoo about his current situation, "No.. actually, I've been feeling really insecure about myself lately." He knows he would need this type of talk, and he trusts Sunoo a lot. The worried boy softly looked at Y/N, "Talk about it. I'm here now." 

Tears start to well up in Y/N's eyes, he rarely hears such supporting words anymore. His parents had never encouraged his career choice in becoming an idol so they cut off connection with him once he entered I-LAND. The accident made it even worse that now he can't fulfill those dreams he was hoping to achieve. 

Hesitantly, his voice speaks up, "I just feel like I'm not good enough. I look like a monster.. and... I just, I don't really know how to put it into words but whenever I look at myself in the mirror I'm always just pointing out my flaws." Clenched jaw and gritted teeth, trying to suppress the emotion welling up inside, in attempt to force a smile to make this situation like it's not a big deal towards Sunoo.

His eyes glistened with unshed tears, but determined not to let them fall. Sunoo couldn't find the words to say to him, so he kept on listening. "Whenever I go out, there's always some voice in the back of my head telling me about how everyone's just secretly judging me.. It wont ever shut up. And.. I.. just don't feel like myself these days." This time, he couldn't stop the tears from falling. 

His career plummeted down to the ground along with his mental state and health, and couldn't bare to look at Sunoo. He looked weak.

Gritting his teeth, Sunoo looked guilty. If Y/N never saved him, he would've never gone through this. Deep down inside, the guilt grew like thorned weeds. He wanted to sob as well, but didn't want to end up being the one getting comforted.

Looking back at the tearful boy, Sunoo took his hand and said, "Y/N, I love your imperfections. They're what make you human, and they're what make you unique. I wouldn't change a thing about you," His heart felt like it's been stabbed. Seeing Y/N hurt pained him as well, as if they shared senses.

Y/N felt a wave of emotions wash over him. Sunoo's words meant the world to him. They sat there for a moment, just looking at each other, "..Thank you." A soft smile crept on Y/N's face, His eyes lit up looking towards Sunoo, appreciating how much of a great person he is.

They sat there for a while, just enjoying each other's company, and Sunoo recalled some of their favorite memories from when they were teenagers. Y/N couldn't help but laugh at some of the silly things they had done together. 

Mustered up feelings about Sunoo grew larger as Y/N spent more time with Sunoo. 

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

The way he looks at me is like magic, it makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. His laughter, his smile, his everything felt like a soft whisper of happiness, a miracle. His presence enough makes me feel like I'm loved. 

I don't want anyone else but Sunoo.

I love him, and not just because of who he is. But also because of the person he makes me.

I wanted to embrace him, fill his face up with my kisses and let him know that I love him dearly, but I am afraid of rejection. 

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

As the night wore on, Y/N realized that he was feeling more relaxed and content than he had in a long time. As Sunoo kept on talking, he doze off and fell asleep.

Not wanting to wake him up, he tries to put Y/N in a more comfortable position and places a blanket on top of him and cleaned their mess. He peered over from their kitchen and smiled, he was still the same baby Sunoo knew from childhood. 

Sweet and caring.

Sunoo gently leaned in to kiss him on the forehead and whispered, "I'll see you soon."

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ FUN FACT!!

-> People tend to fall asleep faster around people who they feel safe with. 

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ NEXT CHAPTER: ESCAPE IN MEMORIES

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

end ;; 1175 words