CLOUD NINE

2.00 pm Anatomy class.

Everyone is sat waiting for Mr.Obonyo to attend his lesson.Its 2.00 pm but we all know the lesson will start at almost 3.00 pm .Why ? because the man spends a whole hour just looking for the right slides to project.I usually wonder why he doesn't just prepare himself yet he is a big,grown cardiologist.Doesn't your job require you to atleast be always prepared or something...

Anyway 2.45pm ,lesson starts.Today he is teaching us about the muscles of the neck.He is having a very hard time repeating the word sternocleidomastoid muscle.The man's hilarious with his accent but make one wrong move of laughing and you get kicked out.Looking across the room,you could see my fellow doctoblasts suppressing their laughter.

But what's with some lecturers not wanting you to laugh ?I mean if your life is miserable as an adult don't spread your boringness to us...you don't have to behave like primary English teachers come on sir.

The whole lesson I was throwing glances at Alex but the guy was so focused.
I wonder if what I thought was true,about him and Vicky.If it was ,I'd rather not talk to him for the rest of my life.

4pm,class ends.
I feel like approaching Alex to ask him about Vicky when the devil herself is already one step ahead.Vicky approaches Alex ,her right hand curling around Alex's juicy left arm.
JEALOUS? OFCOURSE I AM!

I feel so hot in my throat.My bile is building up guys.I truly cannot stand this.I become dramatic so I flash past them without greeting anyone.I am pretty sure Alex noticed.Cathy and Nekesa are still behind so I pretend to be on my phone just clicking on random apps.

"Sherie!"
Oh great it's Ricky.Can he just leave me alone.

I turn to acknowledge his presence.
"Why the rush ."
"I'm going to sleep."
"But it's just 4pm."
"Oh I'm sorry what are you my school matron?"
"Woahh okay slow down,we were just talking I didn't mean to.."
"Richardson I'm in no moods to talk right now okay achana na mimi."<leave me alone>
I leave him startled confused and scrunching his brows.

May be it was a bit harsh but I really have my mind still fixed on this AlexVicky thing.

4.25 pm ,hostel

Hey ,I feel like there's something you've been trying to tell me coz I noticed your mood is just off lately
OH you finally noticed.Well done.
Shee,there's no need to be sarcastic.Just tell me what's up.What have I done?
Look I don't want to be a barrier between you and another person so just leave me alone Khasai.
A barrier between me and who now ?!
Please leave me alone.
I'm coming tuongee(to talk)

Okay oops! Alex is coming to my room?I didn't expect that.I was still mad at him but low-key so excited.
But wait,my room looks like a dumpster!
Books umbrella socks shoes ughhh.
I quickly sprang up and got my room neat and got out that air freshener  atleast  to make a good first impression on my room.
Then I sat on my bed waiting for him ,pretending that I'm sooo mad you'd think he's my husband.

The man appeared at my door almost just immediately.He got in slowly uttering a soft hello.The guy is majestic.He wore a short sleeved shirt showing all his gains.Fitting shirt,his abs were effortlessly visible.Oh and his axe perfume  cara Mia..
Temptations on top of temptations.I was forcing myself not to glance at his grey sweatpants obviously he was packing.
Anywayyyyy....

I responded to his hello acting all stern and stuff.He pulled a chair to sit right infront of me.There was barely any space left between him and I.The tension was astronomical!

"Talk to me Shee.Whats the matter."He holds my palms.
Okay sir I'm trying to be mad at you here!Stop doing that or I'll break my roles here.

"Why didn't you tell me you're dating Victoria?"
He let's out a sigh ."I didn't date her I was just with her for a month and.."

"A month! The whole of July!"
"No Mid May to almost mid June"
So this man has been with Vicky for a whole month and I've never noticed? Men really know how to hide some stuff.

"But we've never been sexually in contact or anything."
"Look you don't have to lie to me Alex you're a man"
"So what if I'm a man,I didn't have any sexual contact and I can promise you that."
"I never knew you were with Victoria"
"Not many people knew ,I hate publicity so..yeah but tuliwachana,haha"
He said the haha sarcastically to sound as if he was really hurt.
"She cheated on me with her boy bestfriend when I went to treat her for her birthday soo one mistake with me and I'm out ,that's me."
"One month and she cheats?!On you?"
He laughs sarcastically again and says "Women"

Okay wait.How can you possibly cheat on such a god! Have you seen this man! Vicky has some serious issues.But waitttt

"If you're out of her life,how come she's always walking with you after class?"
"She's the one who walks up to me.I don't want to make a scene with drama so I just pretend we're cool."

"So you tolerate her.I see."
"Si hivyo like ,she's the one who forces thi..."
"Yeah and you accept it as if you..."
" Look I care less about Vicky.You shouldn't worry about her at all .We're not together.Okay."
He elevates his hands and I feel his palms on my cheeks.

We are now staring at each other.Complete silence.I could literally feel his heart beat so loud and his breathing becoming deeper but faster.I've never really noticed his eyes.I just found out he had a blue rim around his pupil.Fascinating.His brows are thick and a bit scattered.I noticed a scar at the end of his right eyebrow.
"How did you get this scar?"
"Childhood boy games"
We chuckle lightly.
He is still holding my face in his palms then he asks,"Why were you so angry at me because of Vicky "

Shit.Man's got me there.I was seriously ,and I mean seriously out of words.Saying that statement that I wanted to say was soo difficult to exist my mouth.

"I uh ,I ...

"We mzee nisaidie pegs na om....owwhhh!..Alex!"
Yes .It was Nekesa.She stormed in my room as always.I should have locked the room.Kind of saved me from that awkward situation but I really wanted to tell Alex what I felt as much as I was finding it difficult.

"Yeah I was just leaving si we'll talk Shee."
Alex got up to leave.
"Yeah uh ofcourse.Bye"
"Bye"

"Enheeeeee! What was going on here?
"Nothing"

Hey shee can I see you after supper tomorrow?

I Iooked at that text from Alex and I found myself smiling.
"He! nothing indeed."Nekesa comments as she takes the pegs basket and leaves.

Hey,Yeah sure.You'll just call me when you get here.
Okay take care .
You too.

Guys ,the butterflies got me opening my Spotify to listen to Brent faiyaz.
I was in pure cloud 9.I couldn't wait to see him that Saturday I wondered if our story would finally begin that day.Oh to be in love!
---------------*********--------------------
Hello,hope yall are well.Make sure to vote and comment ,it would really mean a lot.
Keep it next chapter to know if This love story will get a start or not.Nawapenda.