DEAD BODIES!

Monday morning.How wonderful.I mean don't you just like Monday mornings.Right such a wonderful day of the week!Waking up at 7am to go to class very wonderful.Dang it!I already feel tired .

Now there is no one who told me I should be carrying a water heater or even an electric kettle.So your girl here had to bathe with cold water kama highschool.Nkt.Ikabidi tu nimepiga passport wadau.And for those who don't know passport is washing the important parts only.Hands face feet na huko chini eeh.Comeon we all have done this at some point.

I dressed in my red long sleeved top and high waist jeans.For my shoes viatu za manyoya.Yap,I'm in love with fluffy shoes and nope I don't like sneakers or closed shoes.Being a medical student I later had to force myself into closed shoes.Irritated but you know anything for the bag.we've got to chase the bag guys.

Labcoat.New but baggy.It ruined my whole outfit.Whatever.Despite looking like a clown I hurriedly treaded to the anatomy lab and took my seat on the second table.My classmates arrived almost at the same time as I ,everyone looking good for the first day."Hey morning.I'm Cathy"A tall,slim girl started.
I looked at her and introduced myself with a smile.She had what looked like a painful acne all around her face.Her baby hairs were well laid though but you know it seemed forced.All in all she was pretty.My tablemate on the left arrived a bit later and started with a hi.She was actually Cathy's roommate.She was physically opposite of her,curvy smooth faced and darker in complexion.Her mwanya was just the cherry on top.

"I'm sherie and you are."
" I'm Nekesa.Cathy ni roommate wangu.By the way ata tutakuja kukuvisit we're neighbours."
Oh .So people already know my room number .How wonderful.Tried to be the mystery girl but looks like it's impossible.
"Yeah sure.Kujeni tu."

As we conversed,the lecturer came in and everyone went quiet.He was bald,light skinned but not the mzungu type,let's say he looked like a kikuyu.He was a bit short and wore specs which made him look old.His labcoat had his name.Dr.G Obonyo.Phd..
Okay,a luo.Explains the stiched accomplishment.
Well we know you're a doctor now sir.He sure was proud of his achievement but do you have to stich it on your labcoat.Well whatever.

After introducing himself,he informed us he would be taking us in Human anatomy.The subject that includes learning about the body,its features and their functions.Well sounds adventurous!
"And now it's time to view the dead bodies also known as cadavers.I don't have time to know all of you We will know each other with time."
"Dead bodies!" Nekesa shrieked ,being just loud enough for Dr Obonyo to hear .
"Anyone who would like to drop the course kindly inform me right now."

Well that's a nice way of welcoming us sir.

Nekesa held my hand as we walked upstairs to where the cadavers were.I tried to comfort her.The girl was really sweating na hatujaona maiti bado.Entering the room,the stench that hit our nostrils,boy you have to be courageous.The smell of formalin (which is used to preserve the bodies) was so strong,the masks we had on were almost useless. It was a burning stench.My eyes were watery and you could see most of us trying to wipe away tears.This was harder than I expected.

The bodies themselves were not uncovered but were wrapped in white sheets and on top some had like a hard plastic transparent cover.
"Hello students my name is Ogada and I am the technologist.I also work with my colleagues to preserve these bodies. You will be dissecting them( cutting them to see the structures in the body) every Friday and Thursday afternoon.I will send the dissection tools to the class rep and we will group you into 10 groups for the anatomy dissection groups today.And be wearing closed shoes to the lab and I'm not talking crocs. Welcome my dear students."

Well he did sound like a nice, kind man for sure.At least that was a warm welcome from him.He did mention no photo taking but me being a daring person and knowing that I'll have to show this to my best friend Hajra,I snapped some photos.Wakenya huogopa kitu kweli kama si pavariii peke yake?

At that point I hoped there was no other speaker because my nose and eyes had been tortured enough.People looked so fed up but atleast no one had fainted.
"You can now exit and we'll meet on Thursday 8.00am. The groups will be sent to your class rep and he will send it to your WhatsApp class group."

"Eish me hii smell imenibo tho!" Nekesa let out a sigh of relief.Just as we went down the stairs look who appeared.

Yap! Ricky.

"Eishhh daktariiii!Looku nayo."He said while spreading his hand for me to lean into a hug .
Now who told university men that a girl must hug you.First of all most of us don't even like to be touched.Then, Is it a must unishike ukiongea ata.Who gave you the authority sir?

I swerved escaping his hug."We hujui salamu.I'm fine thank you Rick and how are you?" I said sarcastically.
"Oh my bad.I hope you're good lakini sa hug ni kitu unaninyima."
As soon as he said that I heard a voice from behind."We mbona uhuggiwe.Shee sasa."The short slim guy extended his hand to me.
I greeted him back.
"We Kim nakuona.Nakuona sana." Ricky made it sound like a threat.

Kim...In short for..
"Ata mtu hawezijua jina yako full ni Kimutaret."Ricky joked.

Things got weird.Kim just stood and looked at him.He looked like he was about to pounce on him for ruining his moment.Lakini kumchomea hivyo,naaah ,I didn't like it.
Was Ricky jealous?
Definately.

"Hey Kim where are you going for breakfast we go with Cathy na Nekesa.Hatujakula ata." I asked.
Ricky was now burning inside.
"Lets go to Mama Teddy,there are good bhajias there."
"Ey ata me nilikuwa naenda huko majamaa."Ricky joined.
Well we all know he wasn't.

So we proceeded to Mama Teddy and bought the bhajias.Damn ushaikula bhajia na tomato ndani ya jwala.Uifinyefinye hizo bhajia then make a hole at one end of the jwala to eat it from there.HEAVEN!

We were all conversing with different stories and it was nice socialising.Getting different aspects of people and views on things.It was nice.Kim and Ricky were just cool with each other and infact they got along pretty well.I learnt something,even if bros argue or wakosane with each other,they will still be friends and have each other's back.I wish us ladies could be like that but wasichana! Wasichana! Manyoka tu.Snakes!

Returning to our hostel,I recognized the scent I smelt the previous day.The hint of that scent waved right next to me.
"Ricky!Sema bro."
"Poa bro niaje."
" Niko fiti bro we Kim I see you're our sponsor today."He joked at Kim making us all chuckle.
"We ni Umbwa."Kim responded jokingly.
The guy smiled at me greeting me Cathy and Nekesa.

As soon as I wanted to ask his name there went Cathy."I'm Cathy we unaitwa?And I have your look alike in my phone ebu come see."

I see.We girls can tell if a girl is into someone and Cathy was just giving pick me vibes here.

He smiled and said"Naitwa Alex.Not a short form.Thanks for the compliment." He then looked at me and I blushed away looking at my shoes.
"Awww nice name ebu come this side." Catthy said as she pulls Alex to her side.

I honestly felt jealous but you know he is not mine so why am I even feeling jealous in the first place.Okay but he is so tall and handsome and built and he smells incredible! I just want to bite him!

Simp much?! Definately worth simping.

"Oh you guys tumeaddiwa kwa class group and the groups zishapostiwa."
Checking the groups,I perused through the names and there it was!
Group 4:
Alex Khasai
Sherie Ali
............And 3 others

Well well well!if it isn't destiny.Ha! Immediately our eyes locked with each other then we looked away.You cannot tell me that wasn't something!It definately was! Kuna kaspark hapo.I know you have ever felt that excitement when you begin to feel something for a new person.Yap that was me.
There I was quiet but deep down I'm jumping with joy and excitement !

"Owwwh!Aki we're not in the same group Alex but we can definately be friends right."There goes Cathy.
Okay I'm really starting to not like this girl!
"Yeah eh si unipee number yako nisave.Infact si you ladies give me your numbers"-he looked at me while saying this.

Just then my phone rang.Dad.
Well you just called at the wrong time dad ! I was about to give my crush my phone number damn it.I excused myself as I started walking to the hostel.

In my mind I really wished I could talk with Alex.Not me already crushing for someone on the first day I met him.Oops!
But there's just one barrier. Cathy. Well this is going to be an interesting one!