LOVERS ALREADY!

February.The month of lovers.Great! Now my single self has to go through seeing 80%of humans here dressed in red and busy practising PDA .Lakini who told kenyans valentines ni siku ya vaa red? You get someone wearing a red official shirt, red shoes, red hat broooo...Its never that serious.
We get you're overjoyed during valentines but do you really have to overdo?

Then they are these ones who have nothing to offer on valentines but USHERATI.
No rose,no chocolate ,nothing..just holy water does the trick.

Then there's us.Us who are single,viewing people's status on our beds and judging what girls have been bought for for valentines.
"Na hiyo chocolate ni ndogo ma.Si angemnunulia ata mbili basi." Nekesa says as she views her status.I lean in to see and the girl was bought for a small Cadbury chocolate and the caption was a whole paragraph on how it means a lot to her.
Honestly sometimes small gestures really mean a lot..maybe just not to Nekesa.
"Unasema hivo na wapi yako."I joked.She laughed and said "Nangoja chocolates za Anita sana.Yaani leo I just want to go and wish her happy valentines after supper ndio nidoee hizo chocolates."

"Anita?Anita wa class?" I asked surprised.
"Si Anita anadate Agrey.Kwani hamjui."
"Eeeh..its just been a month na classmates washapendana."

For a minute there I wish I was Anita and Agrey to be Alex.Ahhhh Sherie and Alex.Must be nice.I could be the one receiving chocolates if it weren't for Cathy Mouthy! Msichana kimbelembele eyyy resttttt.Rest!
Atleast we both aren't receiving anything from Alex ha!

Come to think of it..Aggrey and Anita had some spark that I had already seen.Aggrey was a tall skinny guy with great looks and Anita was curvy..sorry..thiqqqq.So what is it with slender men and thick ladies.And,built men with petite ladies.
Anyway,I thought it was too soon for a relationship but you know gotta mind my business.Theres a meme that says classmate anafaa kujua tu jina yako the rest ujiwekee.Hee huku nje watu wamependana hadi wame..anyway,let us mind our business.

Talking of Anita,she had updated her status just at that time.
"Ghaiiiiiiiiii!"I shouted.
Nekesa and Cathy leaned in to see what it was.
"Weeeeh!" Shouted Cathy.

The girl was swimming in love.The rest of us were swimming in rocks with our single selves.Her study table loaded with a bunch of roses,a mini cake ,two huge peel me cadburies and a bottle of wine. A valentine card was opened next to the flowers.Wow.Comrade alitoa wapi hii pesa yote.
It was lovely.Lucky are they.And just as I was about to comment there goes Cathy mouthy.
" Me nangoja Alex anigift aki."
You wish.
"Kwani mnadate.I asked sarcastically already knowing the answer but just wanted to throw her over."We are besties,si besties can give each other gifts on valentines also."
Again ,You wish.

I just nodded to avoid drama from her.In my mind I want to strangle the girl.I don't think she knew I was into Alex but you know,she better back off.I am certainly not sharing Khasai with any girl.Look at that,Mrs Khasai.Hehe.heh.what a nice name to inherit.
Look at me already thinking about marriage.

2.00 pm.Dissection time.Here we go again.Time to Cut these bodies up! I enter the dissection room with Nekesa,Cathy was still laying her edges back in her room as usual so we had to proceed before her.So we get in and look who's the early bird.
Alex Khasai.
What a surprise to see him this early.Most boys in my class are always late and I wonder what excuse they can give.No makeup,not much if trouble with hair,outfit ..I mean why would a boy be late..unless...anyway sanitize your brain.

So back to My one and only.Even in the concentrated stench of formalin you could still smell his fresh men's cologne.He looks at me and I stare back at him.He smirks.I smirk back.Come baby come.I look away to pretend I'm not interested (but I am literally whispering please let him come to me pleaseee,under my breath.) He is on the other side of the side benches.I turn my back towards my side of the bench to wear my gloves. Dissection meant I had to keep my nails short so that it doesn't damage my gloves and I have never felt so limited.

"Happy valentines."
I am literallyyyy screamingggg in my heart.I look up and turn around .I try to breath normally,my pulse is increasing and I feel like my face is flushed.Lucky for me I usually know how to act conserved.Ha!

"Alex.I don't think it's a happy valentines for me."I say acting unbothered.
"Ai why? "
"Well people like you are receiving gifts from your girlfriends na kupewa joto usiku na sisi tunateseka kwa hii baridi." (Classic way to check if he is taken.Ha!)
"Last time I checked,I've not received any gift from her..but maybe if she wants warmth after dissection..."
"Toka hapa!" I cut him short jokingly lightly smacking his arm as he laughs.That was one juicy arm.

It was visible! Khasai was into me too.Maybe I should make the first step and ask him if we could go for icecream after dissection.Yap yap let's do it he can never say no.
"..Alex -"
"Hey sherie"I was cut-off by Ricky.Just great!
I greeted him and he greeted Alex too.
He went deep into his labcoat and the guy fetched out a Cadbury Fruit and nut.
"Happy valentines."
Was this man falling for me? He just bought me my favourite chocolate.How thoughtful of him.
"My favourite!How did you know?!Aww this is so nice of you Ricky thank youu."
"It's nothing just -"
"Si tutaongea" Alex sprung from the bench going back to his bench.I could feel it.He was jealous.He had some anger in him after the small gesture by Ricky.Wellll...that would keep him in his feet for pursuing me!
Ricky pretended not to care about it and went on with his words."Just something for my close friend.Na usipee mtu ."
"Huwa sipeani."
"Na mimi huwezi nipea?"
" We unazataka nikupee?"
"Me unawezanipea hiyo chocolate kidogo na pia vitu zingine kama unataka."
"Vitu kama gani"
"Notes,Grays anatomy book,pdf."
We both laughed.He had the same humour as me atleast.Maybe I should consider him instead if Mr -didn't -get- me -anything .
I threw a short glance at him and our eyes locked.So he was looking at us.Hmm,interesting.

He looked like he was about to cry.Poor him.

We took three hours in dissection and honestly my legs were already shaking.I just wanted to go back to my room and sleep.I threw glances at Alex but he wasn't looking at me.He exited the room without speaking to anyone.Which was quite unusual for him knowing the fact that he usually starts stories with others.Damn ,the man Was really broken by that chocolate thing.

I immediately felt bad.Yeahpppp,I mean why should he give up.Ricky had gifted me but I still wanted to go with Akex for icecream.I made my way passed people infront of me to reach him.As soon as I reached a row of people just behing him there she goes.
CATHY!
Are you kidding me! Come on.

She held his arm as Alex continued to pocket.He seemed uninterested for sure.But lovely Cathy could not just stop forcing herself to him.I was pleased at that moment until I saw them branch to the boys hostel KILI(KILIMANJARO)
WHAT THE ACTUAL *!

I felt a certain anger grow in me towards my throat.Have you ever felt that? Yaani nilitaka tu kuvunja mtu.I almost shed a tear.What if they were dating and I was just chasing an impossible thing.

We're they actually dating ? What was she going to do in his room?
------------------------------------------

We're they actually dating ? What was she going to do in his room?------------------------------------------