Chapter 4: Matter of France: The King and the Dragons duel

Start from the beginning

Kiryu got into his brawler stance. He was ready to see what the young man would throw at him, from his analysation of him, he seemed to be an agility type fighter who could take a few hits, Kiryu would not be deceived of the man's lacking posture and lean body. After-all, the hot bar showed him the young man's statist- no parameters as Da Vinci ingrained into his brain. 

Servant: Madricardo
Alias: Past Wielder of Durendal, Adventurer King..
Parameters:
Strength: C

Endurance: B
Agility: A
Mana: C
Luck: B
NP: A

These stats weren't bad for the young man in front of him, if Kiryu had to guess something, the young man fought with the wooden club in his hand, he's fought people who fought with katana's, swords, machetes and other weapons but a wooden stick was still out the ordinary. He'll have to play this strategically and use his rush style at correct timings. Still he had to be wary of the blunt weapon as to not get stunned by his weapon, if he guessed correctly, rush style should be used to match his speed and beast to tank any unseen attacks he might not expect. 

"Alright, are you two sacks of shits ready? get ready to fight!"

On Caenis's shout, Kiryu instantly swapped styles into his distinctive purple aura which eluded a sense of speed and pacing of attack. Mandricardo sensed it and quickly rushed towards the man whilst strategizing in his head a way to beat him, he knew it wasn't possible, probably his lack of self esteem? he's never won against the protagonist has he. Well there was that one time he won against Artemis in Olympia, or well his lostbelt summoned version did but still he did win right? who's to say he can't fight against this guy? you know what, lets go for it.

Mandricardo lunged in for a QUICK strike to which Kiryu sharply dodged and threw a punch back at the mans sides.

The punch never landed as Mandricardo instinctively dodged thanks to his A rank agility, before rushing back into a flurry of slashes towards Kiryu who swapped out to a yellow aura, Mandricardo gulped but continued to slash at the man who seemingly stood still bearing the hits before Mandricardo could step back, Kiryu grab ahold of his face before throwing him up into the sky and jumping up and reholding his head and falling down onto the ground smashing his head on the ground as well.

( POV: Mandricardo thoughts )

What the hell? this feeling is so unqiue but familiar, its like a beast, no something akin to a beast but not completely one. Wow, this guy, hes something else to just stand there and take my blunt clubs hits without flinching, well I better step bac-

"Huh? A-AHH!?"

The young man screamed out as Kiryu grabbed onto his head and threw him up, was he planning to throw him backwards? makes sense to make space, no wait why the hell was he grabbing on his head mid air, oh he knew now, he was planning on smashing his head onto the floor with the air to fasten the fall. Great, Mandricardo knew he was done for.

( POV: Caenis )

Well, looks like hes nearly out, still surprised that bastard pulled out a move like that, only someone as bizarre as Quetzalcoatl would attempt that, she had to admit thought, Mandricardo was no push over, both in speed and endurance, he had managed to recover from that head hurting fall. She had to see what the battle had at the end for her though.

( No ones POV )

Mandricardo with his head slightly bruised and bleeding from his head and hands and Kiryu on the other hand with cuts and rips in his suit, not his skin, after-all, he boasted an A+ in endurance, Mandricardo's C rank strength could not penetrate through his skin. 

Mandricardo in a panic in the situation that arises decided. He was going to use his NP to get one strike in at-least to hurt Kiryu, he didn't care, he at-least wanted to look cool and leave a good impression on the servants watching and leave being regarded as someone who'd fight to their dying breath. He liked that a bit, sure it might make master a bit sad but he could re-summon him, scratch that, he didn't want to be summoned and be a burden to master, his friend. Oh well, he'll go out with a bang at-least.

Warning: Mandricardo has used personal skills
Brigliadoro's Neigh A ( increases quick and buster atk + apply target focus )
Armour of Nine Worthies A  ( Increases atk + def )
Errant Blow C (self sacrifical attack )
NP: Serment de Durandal Oath to Not Wield a Sword A (fake: True rank E)

What the hell? the other two personal skills seemed fine but the last one worried him? would he die if he landed his attack. Kiryu decided. I need to set this young man out, possibly look out for him, in the meantime, I guess I shall use my fake phantasm.

The man clad in blood and bruises jumped up from an imaginery mountain onto a horse that was charging towards Kiryu.

" Run, Brigliadoro!

Shine your brilliance at the end of the rainbow!

Even if it not's unrivalled, the illusion is within my grasp!

Serment de Durendal!"

The man charged up his club which shimmered into a large glowing saber, a light blue light filled the room with Mandricardo swinging it towards Kiryu's chest.

Kiryu activated his false Noble Phantasm: Komaki Tiger drop.

No one expected a man who simply let out an extremely powerful right cross to the shining club to have any affect however...

No one but Kiryu knew what happened. Caenis stood in shock at the sight. Mandricardo simply sat there unawake, he was unconscious. Kiryu was relieved as he didn't know if he could have killed the young man with that noble phantasm but glad to see that it was not the case. 

"So, before we continue, can we take care of the young man first? im sure he need's medical assistance as he is bleeding and unconscious."

Caenis sat there dumbfounded by the display of his NP, what the hell was going on and how did one single punch knock out Mandricardo and his NP, how strong was this guy?

( Word Count: 1941 )

( Don't get to used to the daily upload of chapter guys, I have finals coming soon so I need to depart for a bit, I'll still try to get a sneaky chapter in here and there but still, enjoy the current daily chapters and do let me know what other servants you wanna see Kiryu interact with! Majima will be summoned in around chapter 10 in either his Yakuza 0 state or his Mad Dog state: End of Yakuza 7 state or they can both be separate servants )