Chapter II: Idealistic Irony

Vitoria, Ahitereiria

August 16, 2526 XY

A woman lazily sat on a bed in a large messy room. The room itself was spacious, but currently, it was covered in bags, clothes, and other items. A middle-aged woman was sitting on a bed in a large spacious room. The room was monochromatic, and one could make out clean lines, everything was rectangular, smooth, and minimalistic. There were only a few pieces of additional decoration, chief among them was the large painting hung on the wall behind the bed. Large glass windows let in ample amounts of light that made the room look bright. The woman's belongings being strewn about the room did not help with its aesthetics, but the woman couldn't care less. She found the lack of colour and all the straight edges dull anyways. She was in the process of turning on her laptop. Within the few seconds that it took, she browsed through her phone. The internet was out, but luckily, she had a full year subscription of 'Kikona' that let her download her favourite songs in playlists. The nature of her work meant that she travelled a lot, so the app was a godsend. After scrolling for a quick second, she hovered her finger over a playlist titled 'Anger Management'. This particular playlist mostly contained songs from the early 2500s. The songs of this era were characterised by their focus on fast paced rhythmic beats accompanied by rhyming vocals, something that had always appealed to her. Tapping on it, she moved onto her laptop as music started to buzz on her earbuds. There, she made a few adjustments to her plan per certain delays. The sudden storm from the previous day had effectively locked her up in her room. Afterward, she quickly turned on the TV which blurred to life. A green-blue logo of a tiger appeared briefly, then came the buzzing static that signified a lack of connection. 'Bloody hell, they still have not gotten the satellite connections fixed?' she thought to herself. With a quick throw, the remote had hit the wall nearly making a crack in a window.

Emilia was not having a good day. Scratch that, she was having a terrible day. She had planned this vacation week, processing various diplomatic dealings and signing a hundred letters, notices, and other official documents just to make the time for it. It was already worse that the storm had forced her to stay in the hotel for two days! Now she could not watch the new episode of 'Grand Arena'. The Ahitereiria reality TV Show had piqued her interest when it started bringing in small actors to compete in a series of challenges. While the format was akin to many other reality shows, the relatability and chemistry between the permanent members set them apart. Aided by the games being specially chosen so that the cast has fun instead of having to act like they're having fun. With a groan, she cranked up the volume of her music. 'Might as well go out now,' she mused to herself. She looked out the window as she changed her clothes. The sky looked unusually clear. That was extremely unusual, it should be cloudy at this time of year. She did not complain however, the sun appeared smaller on the horizon. It was very early in the morning. She figured she could take a walk along the beach before checking out that famous Koresan restaurant she had read up on. With renewed optimism, she had made her way out of her room, down the elevator, and into the lobby wearing a hopeful smile. This smile had only lasted for numbered minutes. She was almost out the large rotating door of the lobby when two men approached her. They wore the dark aquamarine dress uniform of the High Alaxian Army. They had light burgundy shirts underneath their dress uniform that made them out to be Ahitereiran servicemen. They also wore the grey caps commonly associated with army intelligence and the military police corps.

Her smile was slowly replaced by a frown, this could mean only one thing. "Ma'am, are you Lord Minister Emilia Ceres?" One of them asks.

"That's me." She replies in a quick response.

The soldiers raised their arms in a quick salute, "Ma'am, your presence is requested back at base. We need you to come with us."

"Goodness sake," she mutters underneath, with an annoyed sigh she said, "Very well, lead the way."