Untitled Part 80

39

We ran West then North of the city. We stopped near Kingsbury and feed on some deer. I sat on the grass and watched Paddy finish off my deer. Athos and Julian sat with me watching also.

Athos took my hand. "Kylie?" He whispered. I looked at him. "Losing your twins hurt you more than any other time. Why?"

"I do not know why but it might have to do with the fact that someone deliberately wanted to hurt me and to kill them."

"Yes that would make a difference."

"I could hear their echoing heartbeats right up to when the heavy bleeding started."

"That fast? It was over that fast?" Athos was astonished.

"I had some stew with Lizzy and Katey. On the way back to my quarters, I had terrible pains then the bleeding started. Caleb walked over up to me. I asked for help but he just walked away. Their hearts stopped beating. I was on the ground screaming. Paddy brought me back to our quarters."

"That is why you think its Caleb. Now I understand. I did not before." Julian said.

"Did anything happen to Katey and Lizzy?"

"They were both ill and were taken to their beds."

"He harmed you, killed your babies and made two people ill. One being an Elder. It does not look good for him."

"No Athos it does not."

Paddy came over and joined us. "Telling them about Caleb?" I nodded. "Good."

"You do not care for him either Paddy?"

"No Athos. I have not liked the man since I met him."

Athos thought for a moment. "He is the shaman for father's clan?"

"Yes."

"Do you think someone is putting him up to it?" Paddy and I smiled. "You have already thought of that?"

"Yes Athos we have."

"But who would want to harm you?" Athos shook his head. Julian looked at us and smiled. Athos fingered a blade of grass in deep thought. His head snapped up suddenly.

"The Senior Rileys." He nodded. "It would explain everything. They have not liked you since you met them. Caleb is just as bad. They are so self centered." Athos looked at Paddy. "I am sorry Paddy. I should not talk about them like that."

"Do not trouble yourself Athos. Kylie and I feel the same way. It bothers me a great deal that I am related to them."

Athos looked at the sky. "I have to be getting back. Anna will be going to bed soon. I will have to feed Arthur while she sleeps."

I smiled at him. "What are you smiling about Kylie?"

"Listening to you talk about your son. It makes me happy Athos."

"I never thought much about children until I had one. I am quite enjoying it."

"I can see that."

We stood up to leave. "Kylie?"

"Yes Athos."

"I am sorry Arthur upset you."

"Arthur did not upset me Athos. Not having my own babies to hold upset me."

Paddy took me in his arms. "I can understand that."

When we returned to the cavern. There was a large crowd in the square. Councilman Klaus was standing beside Liam, Barney, Igor and Sven.