Untitled Part 59

"When you did not meet us at the marketplace. I went looking for you. I could hear someone talking about Melissa. I traced their voices to a man who was selling caged animals so I bought them."

"You did not know they were my parents?"

"No." I shook my head. "I just knew they were shapeshifters from their scent and brilliant blue eyes."

She hugged me again and kissed my cheek.

Shaun came back in with Lizzy and Liam. They rushed to Colleen. "You must have been frantic waiting for our letters?" They hugged her.

"I was a little upset that the fire burnt your letter last year. But it was mainly this year. I was becoming worried because you had not come to see our new addition yet."

"Fire? There was a fire here in the cavern?"

"No not just here. Everything from South of Scotland to the channel."

"We were in Europe until about a week ago. Gary decided to try his luck here in Great Britain."

"Gary?" Colleen said with a raised eyebrow, "Gary the man who had us in the cage."

"About that? How did you become imprisoned in that cage?" Colleen wondered.

"Well your mother and I were down in Africa visiting some friends. We all decided that we should go to the nearby oasis and go for a swim. We were all shifters. We shifted into peacocks and flew to the oasis."

"As we came through some trees. We were caught in a net. Your mother happened to break her wing. He picked us out of the net and put us in that cage. I guess you can say we were the lucky ones."

"Lucky? How were you lucky?"

"At least your mother and I were put in the same cage. The others were not so lucky. They were not put in with their mates."

"Oh my! Were their cages like yours? You could not open it?" I asked. Liam nodded. I walked over to him. "Are they still with this Gary?"

"Yes Kylie. You were the only one that had enough coin to buy us."

"Are they all peacocks?"

"Yes. What are you up to?" Liam asked curiously.

"How many cages?"

"There are four others." I turned to Paddy. "I am going to go get them."

"I will come with you."

"No if he has some way of hurting shifters and keeping them prisoners. I do not want to chance it"

"She is right Son. Bring two squads. Make sure they are all vampires, he might be able to imprison werewolves."

"Werewolves?" Lizzy and Liam said together.

"That is right. You do not know about our alliance." Paddy took my hand. "I will not be long." I left their quarters. Paddy stayed with me. Cassie, Quinn, Cory and Gen had left for their patrol.

Julian and Walter were walking towards us.

"There are two." Paddy said.

"Now I just need ten more."

"Ten more for what Kylie?" Julian asked.

"I need two squads for a rescue mission."

"Who are we rescuing?"

"Eight shapeshifters. They are imprisoned in cages in the market." Julian smiled. "I am going to change. I will meet you in the square." Paddy nodded.

I ran to our quarters changed quickly. I strapped on my sword. I was in the square a few minutes later. Paddy looked worried. I noticed the men he picked were his best trained.