Untitled Part 37

20

There was enough people at the cavern to hold a proper trial. Councilman Klaus told the group that they would have a hearing at dawn. They were taken to a cell until then.

As soon as they were in their cell. My family brought me to our quarters. Paddy took my hand and brought me to our bedroom.

"Let me see if you are all right." He said anxiously. "I will feel better." I touched his face. "I know." I removed my top. I still had a slight mark of Michael's fist on my side. It was almost gone. Paddy kissed each rib that had been broken.

I brought his mouth up to mine and kissed him gently.

"I am fine." He put his hand on my side and rubbed it gently. "I know I just feel better touching you." I smiled. "I always feel better when you touch me" He chuckled then kissed me very passionately. He was quite breathless after. I was not breathing at all.

I put my top back on and went to let the rest of our family know that I was all right. Scott was waiting with them.

"Kylie I feel bad. I should not have moved."

"Nonsense Scott. We both knew that was what he would do. I just was not fast enough to move out of the way. Do not worry. I am all healed." Scott gave me a hug. "I am still sorry that you were hurt."

"Thank you Scott." He sat down with the rest of the family.

"All right. Now tell us what happened. All I got from Quinn was. There is trouble with Roger's group. Mom has been hurt. Hurry with help and something to get rid of a bad smell."

"Sorry Grandpa. I was focusing on Michael. He was giving Papa a hard time."

"I understand Quinn. That is where your focus was supposed to be." Quinn nodded. He thought he had done something wrong. "You did well Quinn."

"Thank you Grandpa." Quinn smiled proudly.

"Kylie how are you?" Shaun had turned his attention to me.

"I am fine. Michael broke some ribs but they are healed now."

"Good. Why did he hit you?"

"I was going to go into the cottage to find out what was smelling so bad. He would not let us go by. He did his thing of pretending to look then swing back with a hard hit. I was not fast enough to get out of his way. That is when Paddy and the others came out of the cottage." Everyone's clothes still reeked with the stink.

Shaun turned to his sons. "Why were you in the cottage to begin with?" Cory smiled. "We made a bet whoever is the last one in the cottage had to do the dishes for a week. None of us have ever been in their cottage. We made a game out of it. To see who could get in without being seen."

Shaun laughed. "I see. You did not know before hand about the cottage? It was just pure luck."

"Yes Father." Cory smiled.

"Who was the last one in?"

"I was." Cory said. "I was trying to find that retched smell. Little did I know it was in the cottage?" Cory shook his head.

"How many bodies do you thing was in the cottage?" Shaun asked us.

"Roughly forty decomposing bodies. Human and animals."

"They have been doing this for a while?" Shaun said sadly.

"They have been doing it for twenty years now." Paddy told his father.

"Twenty years? And right under our noses too." Shaun glanced at me. I knew what he was going to say. 'Now you understand why I do not get close to vampires'