Chapter 79 - Tatooine

"Sometimes I question my own sanity for bringing you with me!" Marr calls above the commotion, diving out of the way of incoming TIE fighters.

"Sometimes I question why you haven't made that hyperspace jump yet!" Anastasia yells back.

"Sometimes I question if you know anything about ships!" The navicomputer finally finishes setting the coordinates, and he flips the lever, streaking away into hyperspace.

"Took you long enough," Anastasia chirps.

"You were failing to shoot back," he retaliates. It's weird fighting alongside her like this. They just... didn't. They lived together for years but never fought like this constantly in a battle before. It's nicer than he cares to admit having her here, but he misses Vizma and Bo. He misses them so much, and he doesn't know when he'll see them again. They're okay because he would know if they weren't, but he wishes he could just know.

The Ghost crew misses Vizma too, but Anastasia has fit right in with them. She seems best friends with Zeb – probably because they're both child adults – but she's pretty close with Sabine and Ezra. Marr personally thinks she just gives Kanan and Hera a headache.

In the meantime, Marr has thrown all his efforts into building up the Rebellion, preparing for their strike. They've gained a lot, but it's still not enough.

(He misses Anakin. When will he ever be able to see him again? That moment on Malachor occupies his thoughts constantly. It's been months since, but he remembers it as vividly as ever. He won't rest until Sidious is gone, and Vader is free.)

A light flashes on the control panel, and Marr reaches down, answering the incoming call.

A hologram of Kanan and Ezra appears, and the tense looks on their faces instantly puts Marr on edge.

"What catastrophe is it this time?" Anastasia queries flippantly.

"Marr, it's Maul," Kanan replies, "He attacked the Ghost, and he's holding everyone hostage. Ezra and I aren't there right now, but he demands that we turn over that Sith holocron from Malachor."

What?!

He's threatening

Marr has no idea what he wants with it, but he does not appreciate this one bit. Maul will not get away with threatening his family again. What would he want with the holocron? There's only one way to find out. He doesn't like the sound of it. "I'll get over there immediately. Where's the rendezvous point?" Because he highly doubts it's with the fleet.

Ezra sends them over, and he immediately programs them in.

"Are you gonna give it to him?" Ezra asks.

"We should kill him," Anastasia replies flatly.

"First I'll find out what he wants with it," Marr declares. He's almost tempted to do what she's saying, but... he doesn't know what's stopping him. Whatever stopped him the last time, perhaps.

"Whatever it is, it can't be anything good," Kanan frowns.

Marr nods. "I know. I'll... handle him." He's admittedly surprised Maul would come back, knowing how easily he could be beaten. Clearly, he wants something very badly, so Marr supposes it makes sense why he would try taking hostages. Whatever it is, they will have some... words.

***

The meeting spot is in the middle of space, away from any reinforcements. "Wait with the ship," Marr instructs, standing. If this is going to turn into a fight, he's more than ready to deal with it. Maul is threatening his family, and Mandalorians do not take kindly to that. "If I need backup, you'll know when to come in."