Finding the Missing Sannin

Start from the beginning

"Damn pervert." Naruto pulled his scrolls out again and was looking over his seals he currently has. After his mission in the waves, Sara helped him improve his prisoner seals. On top of that he had , gravity seals, summoning, storage, and now stasis which Sara taught him.

She had taught him how to seal powerful entities away into objects as well. Unlike Kurama, apparently the Uzumaki used to face beings and monsters from other dimensions and realities that somehow crossed over to their world. Sara and Kenshi both facing these kind of creatures before but it had been over a decade.

Naruto remembered seeing things where ninja would hide shiruken in storage seals on their arms or wrists. He could maybe do something similar on his. Drawing a seal out he placed it on his wrist with four arrows in it. Pushing his chakra through he summoned the first arrow. Dropping it he summoned the next. It was fifteen seconds to summon the second. 'To slow.'

Breaking him out of his thoughts was two powerful chakra signatures approaching. Closing his eyes he found not just them but three more signatures approaching the building from rooftop.

Quickly putting on his weapons. He placed two clones near the door ready to pounce. A third clone stood where he normally would, he was ready to leave as soon as the big signatures arrived. In minutes the two enemy shinobi stood in front of his door. Sensing the attack of one of them he jumped out of the window.

Making his way to the roof tops he started running. Stopping to look back he noticed three men dressed in Anbu attire with their Leaf hiate scratched through. Anbu level Shinobi would be tough.

Training Ground Seven Before Invasion

Team seven practiced team moves. Shikamaru using his shadows. Mito moving in close while Naruto fired arrows at the copy ninja. Moments later Kakashi had all three kids on their backs, "Where did you go wrong?"

"You used quick precise assassination style moves. We were to slow." Shikamaru pouted. "Yes but not only that. I was an Anbu. What are they used for?"

The blond answered, "Mostly assassination. Capture and recovery, they are essentially shock teams that move in and out quickly." Naruto said contemplating.

The Uchiha snapped her fingers, "Attrition! They fight fast and quick, if the battle becomes a drawn out slug fest you can win!"

A proud smile crept under his mask, "That's right. Though some Anbu are able to go into open warfare it's not how they are trained. If you can outlast the initial battles you chances of survival goes up. Make them work for it."

Present

Creating a few dozen clones Naruto sent them to distract the a enemy Anbu. Memories of his clones at the hotel hit him letting the Jinchuriki know they were defeated so he was on limited time.

Finding a small clearing Naruto prepared for battle. Two of the three Anbu landed in front of him. A memory of an arrow piercing the other's chest appeared in his head, "You know you can surrender now and we won't have to fight" he grinned.

"We cannot. Lord Danzo has been tasked to take you for a greater purpose." Naruto's smile turned devilish, "Fine. Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Nearly a hundred clones surrounded the Anbu. In a mad charge they moved in arrows flying from all direction. Using the clones as cover Naruto moved through them waiting for an opening. Drawing an arrow he fired hittingon of the Anbu in the shoulder while he was distracted.

Dodging the Kunai Naruto jumped up to see him impaled by a wind infused wazikashi from one of his clones. Smiling Naruto took the opportunity, "Wind Release: Wind Gale Wolf!"