Chapter 12: Baba Yaga

The Arcadian Security Forces began bringing Roman inside the Arcadian Cruiser with Bianca leading them to the bridge. Once they arrive, they were met with Juniper on video call, as the Arcadian Security Soldiers force Roman to the ground and held him at gunpoint.

Juniper: So, you must be the infamous Roman Torchwick. I heard all about you, Arcadia could use your skills in the Criminal Underworld.

Roman: Is that suppose to be a compliment?

Juniper: You can depict what I said however you want, Roman. But I want to make it very clear to you.

As Juniper leans forward in her chair. Roman just felt the fear she is releasing despite her being in a video screen. It's like he's starting at the devil. 

Juniper: We know of your plans with Cinder and we can offer you a way out.

Roman: How can I know you are being serious? I don't even know who the hell you are?! I thought you were Atlas, but when I saw the dead bodies, I knew you weren't.

Juniper: Well to give you a summary, we are Arcadians from the Kingdom of Arcadia. I am Juniper Arc, and I am the Empress of Arcadia. Our job right now is to destroy the entirety of the 4 Kingdoms. We have already destroyed Menagerie, Mistral, the Dragon Continent, and Vacuo. Only Atlas and Vale remain.

Roman: I-I-I see....so you want to hire me to help you enter Vale, right?

Juniper: Actually no, we already have the men doing that. But no, I have a proposal for you. You see, a lot of my contacts from the Arcadian Underworld are eager to hire you to their services, they were impressed by your work. Hei and Lil Miss Malachite were the ones that recommended you to us and safe to say we are impressed by your work.

Roman: But what happens if I refuse?

Juniper looks to Bianca and she nods, she goes up to her communicator and speaks to it.

Bianca: Send them in.

The doors of the bridge open as the Arcadian Security Forces turned Roman around and his eyes widen. In front of him is Neo, in cuffs and is being escorted by a squad of Arcadian Security Soldiers, but the other person with them shocked him the most. It was Mercury Black or his real name, Mercury Arc.

Roman: You?! You're with them?!

Mercury: Of course I am! Isn't that right, Auntie?

Juniper: Yes, and I believe your time working with that False Maiden is over, yes?

Mercury: Yup. It will be quite exciting to see her plans fall apart. She thinks she can use this attack as an advantage to get Amber, but she doesn't know that we are one step ahead her.

Juniper: Indeed.

Mercury: Now then. Hey there, Roman. You see this, one wrong step and she's done for.

As Mercury got out a pistol and aims it at Neo's head. Roman sees Neo's face and for the first time in his life, saw actually fear and panic in her face. She is telling him these people aren't someone that you can mess around with. Mercury showed he isn't messing around by firing a shot near Neo, to scare Roman.

Roman: So what do you want from me? I'll accept any terms you have, just make sure Neo gets out of here alive .

Juniper: It's simple really, we will get you started in the Arcadian Underworld, the High Table will provide you with the necessary resources to start your new career there. There are some cities that need ruling and you are the kind of person we need. But, you need to follow a certain set of rules, Roman. Hei informed me you are known to double cross your clients or contacts, which is normal for us in certain situations. But there are certain rules you need to follow or else you will be dead the minute you walk out, do I make myself clear?