Chapter 1: The Death of an Arc and call to Arms

Arcadia, Arc Family Mansion, Throne Room

In the Throne Room located in the Arc Family Mansion, the Queen of Arcadia, Juniper Arc, is doing her usual business in her desk. When all of a sudden the doors were burst opened.

The Praetorian Guards all aimed their staffs, the tip of the blade charging with Magical Energy as they see one of the Arcadian Messengers sprinting to Juniper. The Guards stand down and let the messenger through.

Arcadian Messenger: Your highness! Your highness! I have urgent news!!

The Messenger reaches the desk and hands Juniper a file. She quickly got out of her seat and grabbed said file.

Juniper: And what is this about, Messenger?

Arcadian Messenger: I'm sorry about this my Queen, but you need to see if for yourself.

Juniper opens the contents of the file, she reads the info and her eyes widen. She drops the files on the floor and calls out to her Guards.

Juniper: Get me a Transport to the Arcadian HQ now!!! Double time it!!

Praetorian Guards: Yes, my Queen!

The Praetorian Guards rushed out of the Throne Room, Juniper quickly heads to her desk and started making some calls.

Timeskip

In the Arcadian HQ, a dozen of Guards can be seen guarding the Morgue. All of them stayed silent until the doors were burst opened and Juniper came rushing in, all the Guards stand in attention for their Queen as she approaches one of the Officers in charge.

Juniper: Where is he?

The Officer didn't say anything and points to the body on the table, she can see it's covered in cloth.

She slowly approaches the table, and her heart is pounding, she hopes what was said is not true. She makes it to the table and is about to remove the cloth, hands shaking. She stops for a few seconds, and calmly breathes. She instantly removes the cloth and met with a sight she dreaded until coming here.

Right in front of her is the corpse of her son, Jaune Arc.

Juniper just steps back and kneels to the floor, she shouted in agony. Her son, her baby boy is dead.

She looks to one of the Officers and stands up in anger, she is going to get an explanation about what happened to her son and she is going to get it.

Juniper: Give me a report of what happened now!!

Arcadian Phantom: We have Ma'am. These people here will give you the details on what happened.

One of the Arcadian Soldiers steps forward, this here is an Arcadian Phantom

One of the Arcadian Soldiers steps forward, this here is an Arcadian Phantom. Another one of the many Elite Special Units in Arcadia tasked with suicide missions all around Remnant.