Soulmate

You open your eyes and stretch your arms with a wide smile. The morning breeze hit your face and give you shivering over your body. Your smile dropped when feel the coldness.

"What a weird day." You said and glance at the date on the nightstand. You grab your phone to see if there are notifications from your friends but no. Why? You have no friends except your pet. You smile at the wallpaper on your phone screen. It was your cat. Your eyes start to look for him.

"Snowball!" You shout and he came up to your bed. He stretched his body and lay on your comforter. You smile at his fluffy white fur. You bend to kiss his head and head to the bathroom.

After taking a shower you came out with a bathrobe and look at your cat. He was peacefully asleep on your bed. You chuckle at him. Your phone rings and you switch to the loudspeaker without looking at the ID caller.

"Yes?" You speak.

"Honey. How are you there?" You smile to hear the voice. It was your grandmother. She is the only one you have after your parent left. They are still alive but they were away from your country because of work. Your father is a pilot while your mother is a stewardess. Your grandfather? He was a doctor but got transferred to another hospital. He is barely at home.

"I'm fine, Grandma. How are you doing today? Don't forget to wear thick clothes when you were out. It's cold today." You said while dressing up well with thick clothes ready to go to college.

"I'm not going out today. My friends were here to prepare for Christmas." She said as her friends greet her. You can hear their voice calling your name. You smile to hear that.

"Okay then. Anyway, I can't go home to celebrate Christmas with you this year. I have a lot of things to do at college. Mom and Dad will be home but not too long, I guess." You said remember what you talked to your parent about last night.

"They call me too. Anyway, be careful there." She said before ended up the call. You also already finish dressing up and turn your head to your sleeping cat.

"Hey, Snowball. Let's get down to have breakfast."

You said carrying him in your arm and walking down to the kitchen. You took a tuna can for him and make toasted bread for yourself. After finishing eating you take him into his cage and walk out of the house not forget to lock your door.

It took you a few minutes to get to the Pet Centre. You leave your cat there for a day when you have class. On the weekend you spend time with him. It is your routine and the worker there are friendly. They always admire your cat because he is good and always behaves.

"Sajang-nim. I have a tutoring class later, maybe I will be late to get him." You said to the owner of the Pet Centre. He looks at you with a smile.

"Okay. Oh, anyways my son will be replacing me later. I have worked outskirts for three days. His name is Soonyoung. Just call him Hoshi." He said remember that he got other work to do.

"Okay, bye Snowball. Be nice to your new caretaker. Behave yourself. Don't bite him." You warn your cat since he has always been naughty when meeting new people. It was a bad impression. You heard him groaning before you went out of the centre.

Just a minute after you were out, Soonyoung came running into the centre. His father looks at him who was panting like he just finished a marathon.

"What is wrong with you?" His father asked while taking Snowball's cage to put it on the side. Soonyoung sighed and look at his father.

"Mom going to kill me." He said. He glances at the clock and it is still early to go to college.
"Dad, can I ask my friend to help me here? He loves pets too." He asked.