Gianna hummed in agreement. She had the weekend off so why not spend it out sometimes? It would make up for the time that she missed when she was younger.

Excitement and anticipation slowly dawned on her, thinking of going out, having fun, and meeting other people. She was rightfully looking forward to it and she had a feeling that Jeliyah wouldn't disappoint.

The ladies spoke for about twenty minutes while enjoying their meals together. Gianna was feeling a lot more energetic after the tiring day she was having so far, and that was all because of Jeliyah's humor. She was so straightforward and honest that it was hilarious.

"Whatever they say about the athletes in Hollywood, believe 'em'. Believe em' bitch because niggas be on some weird shit. You wouldn't believe."

"Oh, I believe. What's your view on basketball players, though?" Gianna was curious.

"Oh honey, they're all whores and dogs. I try to steer far away from them but damn, they got money. It's like a magnet for me." Jeliyah informed her before furrowing her eyebrows, "Why though?"

"Because one of my clients just so happens to be a basketball player."

Jeliyah smirked, obviously here for the tea. "And you like him?"

"Not necessarily. He said he's interested in me."

"Okay, now I need a name."

"Donte DiVincenzo," Gianna revealed and Jeliyah dramatically leaned back as she processed the information, making her laugh.

She wanted to tell her sister about him and ask for advice but it felt more right to confide in a friend. Jeliyah was gonna keep it a buck regardless. 

"That fine-ass white chocolate that plays for the Warriors now? Okay, I can understand that." Jeliyah nodded, impressed with her friend's taste.

"Yeah..." Gianna then began to explain everything that conspired between her and Donte in the two times they had bumped into each other. Jeliyah ate her fries slowly and sipped on her Sprite as she listened attentively.

When she was done, Jeliyah rubbed her chin in thought. "Well, he did have two brown girlfriends in the past so there's a possibility that he likes us melanin princesses." She informed, "And you're fine as fuck so I don't blame him."

"Hmm. He even gave me his number back at that Mexican place."

"And have you texted him?" Gianna shook her head at her question, "bitch, take that phone out and text that man."

"You think I should? He might be busy now." She just wanted to find an excuse to not text him. A part of her mind still hadn't believed that a famous, rich basketball player was actually interested in her.

"Only way to find out is to text him. Just something simple and cute."

"Simple and cute..." The woman muttered, retrieving her phone from her pocket and unlocking it. Her fingers moved tapped and scrolled until they landed on the recently added contact 'Donte😍'. He had saved himself as that.

She thought of a few messages she could send but then decided to keep it neutral. She didn't know how to flirt or even start up a conversation with an attractive guy. Hey, it's Gianna. From the vet clinic, the message read.

"A bit boring, but we can still work with that," Jeliyah said honestly after Gianna showed her the message.

Much to her surprise, he had read the message within two minutes but instead of replying via iMessage, an incoming call popped up on her screen. Her heart sank and she stood to her feet in shock.