Ignite the flame?

Comincia dall'inizio

I go in the master bedroom and I'm in love. It's spacious just the way I like and the walls are painted a dark grey. There is a balcony and it overlooks the city. I'm not about to go back there cause I wouldn't want to have a repeat of incidents. "This house is really beautiful." I say. "I'm glad you like it. Do you have any issues with it?" he asks. "Its just a bit too modern, I wanted a bit of farmhouse style but it's okay cause everything is perfect."

"Okay the price is R1.9." he says. "I thought we were talking R100K over budget not R400K." I say and he chuckles. "But it ticks all the boxes and the nice thing is that it's in a safe community even though nothing about our life is safe mara asikho lapho and it's close to where you work." "As for the nothing about our life is safe." We laugh. "I'm not wrong though." "You hit the nail in the coffin."

"It's definitely on the top of my list." I say. "I can't wait to sleepover here." he says and i roll my eyes. "Why would you be sleeping over?" "It's your way of thanking me for finding you such a marvelous house." "Isn't your paycheck more than enough." "Ngyadlala."(I'm joking.) "More than welcome to sleep over the more the merrier. Me and my dog will be lonely." He chuckles.

We go back downstairs and i take one last look at the house and we go outside. This house is perfect. It's not to big and not to small but the price is definitely a bit too big. "I'll see you at the gym." he says. Oh yeah konje we gym together. "Sure gym pal." I say and he chuckles. We go our separate ways and i get inside the car and drive off.

I pass by Sino's creche and fetch her. "Hi mamá." she greets. "Hi princess. Uright?" I ask. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena mamá." (I'm good and you.) "I'm good. How was your day?" I buckle her up in her car seat and i drive home. "It was okay." "Mamá found a very nice house." "Mmmh." "And it has a nice big pool for everyone and it's bigger than this one." "Mmmmh."

Let me not bore her with my house talk cause clearly she's not interested. We get home and i get inside and the aroma of food hits my nostrils and i salivate. I'm really hungry cause I didn't eat lunch but I can't stay and eat cause there is gym and i have to wrap up something at work. "Sawbona ma." I greet. (Hello.). "Yebo mtanami. Unjani?" (my child. How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena." (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.)

"Gogo!" She runs to hug her. "Oh my baby. How are you?" she asks. "Fine gogo." "Okay. How was your day?" "It was fine." "Asambe siyobeka iskhwama ekamelweni." I say. (Let's go put your bag in your room.) We go upstairs and i put her schoolbag on her bed and change her into casual clothing. At least this school they wear uniform so I won't have to stress every morning about what she's going to wear.

"Mamá is going to the gym I'll be back ne." I say. "Okay. We going to do homework?" she asks. "Of course we are when I come back." She nods and kisses my cheek, forehead and nose and i do the same. I pack my gym clothes and we go downstairs.

"Ngiyabuya ma." I say. (I'll be back.) "Okay. Ngimncedise ngokufunda." she asks. (Should I help her with learning?) "Ungayenza ma anginankinga." (You can do it ma i don't have a problem.) She nods and i leave. I get inside my car and drive back to my office.

I get inside my office and Jessica is sitting there waiting for me. "I don't owe you any gossip." I say. "I know that I just wanted to see you." she says. "Ask away love I'm listening." "How was the house viewing?" "It was nice. The houses I saw today are beautiful and I'm going to have a tough time picking one." "Mmm."