18: Atsumu Miya - These Real Feelings

Start from the beginning

"F-first?" I questioned.

"I reckon whoever this bastard is will send more," he said and fear filled me. He noticed my fright and placed a comforting hand on my bicep. "I won't let anythin' happen to ya (l/n)," he said in a soft voice, and those words woke me from my trance.

"I don't need your 'protection'," I scoffed, pulling away from him. "I know it's all just an act."

"What?"

"A trick of yours to get girls to trust you, just so you can manipulate them," I said.

"That's not true. Look I care 'bout ya, (l/n)-,"

"No! Just- stay away from me," I stormed out of my office, my heart beating rapidly and wishing I could forget about these dumb feelings for him. I had nothing else to do at work for the rest of the day so I decided to head home after getting some lunch in the city, but when I arrived home I saw another envelope on my door mat.

Carefully I picked it up and opened it, physically shaking as I read each word.

My Dearest (l/n),

Why did you not answer my previous letter? Well, it's no matter my dear. I understand you work at the MSBY volleyball club? That must be incredible work my Dearest, but if you were to come home to me you would never have to work. I would pamper you with everything I have, I would spoil you rotten and treat you like the gorgeous queen you are. Come home to me, (l/n). You belong here, with me, forever and ever.

Love, your Dearest.

I had goosebumps on my skin, wondering how on earth this creep had managed to find out where I worked. Had they really been following me, stalking me? Not knowing what else to do I jumped straight back on the train to work, desperate to find my friends and beg for their help.

As soon as I was back at the training ground I headed to the physical therapists corridor and found Rio and Kaede in the staff area. "(y/n)? What're you doing back, I thought you'd gone home- what's wrong? You're crying!" Rio said desperately, pulling me in for a hug.

"I-I found this when I got home," I pulled out the letter from my bag and handed it to Kaede, her and Rio reading it together.

"Oh this is bad," Kaede mumbled the obvious.

"What do I do?!" I pleaded.

"Hey girls have you seen- (l/n), you're back," Miya's voice said and I whirled around to see him standing in the entryway. "What's wrong?" He asked quickly, seeing the state I was in.

"What're you doing here Miya, you've just had your session, shouldn't you be heading back to the courts?" Kaede said but he ignored her and instead approached me.

"(l/n), tell me what's wrong," he said and I gave him the second letter to read. "I told you you'd get another. You have no idea who's sendin' these?" He asked and I shook my head. "Well that's it. I'm taking you home from now on."

"What?" Kaede, Rio and I said in unison.

"I don't want this creep to lay a finger on you, the best thing to do is for me to take you home myself," he said firmly.

"I told you I don't want protection-,"

"(l/n) this creep is unhinged! If somethin' happened to ya I'd- just let me drive ya home alright?" He said and I glanced at the girls.

"It's better than going home alone," Rio pointed out.

"We'd take you but neither of us can drive," Kaede added and I sighed, agreeing to his terms. Feeling a little uncomfortable I followed Miya to his car and silently clambered inside, only speaking when I had to give him directions to my building. I was quite surprised with how protective he was being, especially when he insisted on checking my apartment over in case the creep had somehow broken in and was hiding, waiting for his moment.