18: Atsumu Miya - These Real Feelings

Start from the beginning

When Rio, Kaede and Yukiko read the letter, they all had horrific expressions. "Have you contacted the police?" Yukiko, the most sensible out of the four of us, said.

"I don't know what they could do, I mean there's no post stamp so they wouldn't be able to trace the letter," I said.

"What about your building? Isn't there security cameras?" Kaede asked and I shook my head.

"It's an old building. There are very few cameras, and those don't work," i said and the girls sighed.

"Whoever did this is sick. Do you have any idea who it might be? You haven't noticed being followed by anyone, or anyone unusual talking to you recently?" Rio asked and I shook my head.

"Not that I've noticed... but I've had a lot on my mind this week, a lot of distractions," I explained and the girls hummed, knowing that I was hinting at Miya. "Maybe it was just some sort of joke... I still don't know who might've done it but I think it was probably a joke," I tried to convince myself but the girls looked at each other, apparently unsure but than was when my phone buzzed. "Oh, I have a session with Bokuto. I have to go," i added quickly, leaving the room and almost bumping straight into someone lingering in the corridor.

"Hey (l/n)," the silky smooth voice belonging to Miya said, and this was the last thing I needed. "If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were avoidin' me."

"Then you obviously don't know me. Excuse me," I tried to walk past him but he stopped me.

"Aw, c'mon (l/n)-,"

"I am really not in the mood!" I said loudly, pushing past him and heading straight to my therapist room.

"What's up with her?" Miya asked my best friends who had followed me out of the staff room we were in.

"She's just going through something right now," Rio explained.

"What?" He asked, acting concerned.

"It's something she should tell you, if she wants to tell you," Kaede said firmly and I silently thanked my friends before I was out of earshot. All throughout my session with Bokuto I couldn't concentrate. I was too distracted by the letter and by what had happened with Miya. Thankfully Bokuto didn't notice, after all he was a naturally oblivious person unless it was to do with volleyball, but what I didn't count on was who'd be waiting for me outside my therapy room when I was finished with him.

"Hey," Miya said casually, which irritated me all the more.

"Hi," I said simply, about to turn away but he grabbed my wrist.

"Can we talk? Somewhere private?" He asked and a part of me was interested in what he had to say, so I let him into my room. "You've been avoiding me all week," he pointed out the obvious and I stiffened.

"No I haven't," I lied but he could see straight through me.

"Oh really? Then why did you change my physio appointments from you to Nakamura, huh? Look, I know somethin's got you down, somethin's botherin' you. You can talk to me y'know, I won't spill if ya don't want me to," he said in a comforting tone. I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to get a male perspective on the matter so I sighed and went to my bag, rummaging through it to retrieve the letter. I handed it to him, and he furrowed his eyes as he read it, a slight angered expression on his face. "When did you get this crap?"

"This morning... it's probably just some practical joke," I tried to reason but he shook his head.

"I doubt it. There's somethin' dark here, real dark. Like twisted... is this the first one you've received?"