High Road.

A/N: DISCLAIMER. The second scene of this chapter contains NSFW content.

"Finally finished." You closed down your laptop, and eased back into your chair with arms stretched overhead. With the arch in your back, the tension released from your body in a tiny tremble.

At your deflated state, your head rolled over to your personal view overlooking the red taillights and white headlights in traffic. "Lovely," you said, to the downpour falling mercilessly on the streets of the city. You couldn't remember a single thing about the forecast calling for rain this evening. Then again, you didn't think you were going to be staying this late either.

It wasn't a big deal though, you could just call a taxi to meet you outside. You swiped up your phone from beside your laptop and turned it on, only to find a nearly dead battery flashing up at you. "You're shittin' me..." At this point, hauling a cab was your only option. "I need to learn how to drive."

You stood from your desk, tossed your belongings into your bag, and left your office for the night. As you stood before the large glass doors, you exhaled, already annoyed by the fact that you getting wet was inevitable.

'Thank goodness this thing is waterproof.' You raised your laptop bag overhead and ran out of the building and out to the nearby store with a sheltering roof. A spot where cabs frequently picked up and dropped off passengers.

By the time you reached there, the sleeves and back of your button-up, along with most of your dress pants, gained a generous amount of rainwater soaked into them. As the night drew on, and the minutes ticked on by, lesser cars were seen on the road, which meant hauling a cab just got painstakingly difficult.

'Should I walk to the train station?' The last train shouldn't be gone just yet. 'There's no running in these heels though...' You clicked your tongue and cursed your luck. "I wanna go home," you held your head.

During your moment of sulking, a black van with blinding white lights slowed down right in front of the curb you stood on. Your shoulders tensed. You eyed the locked on the tinted windows to see whether or not you could see anyone, albeit too dark to see much of anything.

The large door slid back and out came a grey umbrella and a shoe of a male stepping down on your pavement. You squinted.

"What a coincidence."

"Miya-san?" Your brows furrowed to the sight of the happily grinning man. "What're you--"

"Yasukazu usually takes this route when he's taking me home," he said.

The window of the passenger side rolled down, and there, sitting in the driver's seat, was his timidly smiling manager waving a hand at you. "Good night, (l/n)-san! What a coincidence this is. I didn't expect to see you again this soon."

"Same here," Atsumu he glanced briefly over his shoulder. "Need a lift? You're starting to look like a drowned rat."

You exchanged your gaze between Atsumu and Goda both.

"I don't know how long you've been standing here for, but any longer than this and you can guarantee yourself a fresh cold in the morning."

"I doubt your higherups will approve of your decision to offer a ride to someone off the streets while your agency's precious cargo is in the same vehicle." Goda flinched to the statement.

"Th-This once shouldn't hurt, right?" A cold sweat dripped down his cheek. "Besides, who knows when you'll be able to get a cab at this time of night."

Atsumu held a finger up to his curved lips. "It can be our little secret, (Y/n)." He stepped closer to you with his extended arm to help shield you from the pelting droplets. "Nobody has to know."