Interest.

It had been a little over a week since the official start Oikawa's reign as brand new positions down at the office. With the exception of that, everything regarding work ethic carried on without a single hitch.

"We make a pretty good team so far, wouldn't you say so, (Y/n)-chan?" You followed close behind as he stepped into the elevator. "I feel as if I'm working with Tanba-san himself." He smiled, pressing the button leading to the 25th floor.

"Yes, sir."

Oikawa looked to you. "Y'know, I noticed you don't talk a lot unless it's to update me about my schedule. That's no fun. And I don't think I've seen you smile an inch since the night of the celebration. You've such a pretty smile. Teeth, too. It's a bit of a waste."

"With all due respect, sir." You spared him a minor glance. "I don't see the point in doing much of that. There is a time and place for everything. Currently, we're at work. Technically speaking, this business is hardly a place to stop and chitchat." It was back to staring down the dull steel wall for you.

"Uh..." He was stumped. As awkward as it was, he tried laughing it off. "You have a point there."

All except his thumbs, Oikawa's hands hooked into the pockets of his slacks. He, too, held a steady gaze with the panel of buttons ahead of him, and every now then, an individual corner.

"So..." he started up. "What's next up on my agenda?" He stole a brief glance from the corner of his eye.

"Lunch."

"Right on time, too. I'm starving."

You raised the stack of papers hiding his very schedule in the pack of your clipboard. "Immediately after that, I set aside an hour and a half for you to finish up the remaining pile of unauthorized documents you failed to finish yesterday."

Oikawa inhaled and huffed a sigh. "I do love this business, but I gotta say the paperwork is the least exciting thing about it all. For lunch, (Y/n)-chan, can you order me-"

"I already sent someone out to fetch your usual order, so they should be on their way up in a bit."

"As expected of Tanba-san's apprentice."

The elevator came to a gentle halt seconds before parting open to a floor laced with red carpeting and golden walls. Your journey continued down to the end of the hall, leading toward large, raven-colored double doors.

"After you've finished checking and signing off those documents, you have a meeting to discuss the details concerning our brand new upcoming launch: Nobel."

"To choose the people who're gonna model for us, right?"

"Correct."

Oikawa pulled his chair back, sat himself down, and reeled himself back up to the desk. "(Y/n)-chan," you looked up from your clipboard and answered him.

"While we're waiting on my food to arrive, if you don't have to leave this very second, why don't you tell me about yourself for the next few minutes."

You raised a brow. "Excuse me?"

"I can't help being a bit interested in you," he said. "Ah, not like in the way you might think," he shook his hands. "But just who you are as a person." His eyes crinkled as his smile stretched further. "That should be okay, right?"

'He wants to know me?' Compared to his own, your halved smile was about as much as you were willing to share. "Okay then." Your conscious ordered you to bare it down and do it wider, but it didn't stand a chance against your already irritated nerves.

'I see a smile!' he cheered to himself. 'I got her.' He propped his elbows on the edge of the desk as he held his head in his hands. "Then let's start with a hobby. What do you do for fun when you're not thinking about work?"