53) THE FUN PART.

Okay, I did manage to write a smut scene for you. That's really not my thing, though, so I can't promise it won't be 100% garbage. I've marked when the scene starts and where it ends in case smut isn't for you. :)

****

Cole Walker's POV 

X's face fell when I told him what I wanted to do, and for a while he just studied mine like he was waiting for me to tell I was kidding. I wasn't. My body was aching for his touch, and I would have gladly done what he was suggesting. But I had something I needed to get done and over with before we could get to the fun part.

"Show me." I urged, and although X groaned, he gave in and led me to the garage. He switched on the lights and we both fell silent when taking in the sight of X's bike. I had thought seeing it would be difficult, but I hadn't expected it would feel like someone had just knocked all air out of my lungs. Like a punch in the gut.

The room was spinning. Like I was back in the air, about to collide with the ground. I felt sick to my stomach. It had hurt so unbelievably much, that there still were no words to even begin to describe it. One moment I was there, the next I was back in the garage. What was right in front of me, didn't make much sense to me at first, but then I blinked and I was back for good. No floating to the ceiling, no looking at things from afar.

Out of all things, I thought about addiction. When an addict gets clean, they need to avoid their drug of choice for the rest of their life. But when, let's say, someone recovering from an eating disorder needs to work through their obsession for calories and such, they don't have the opportunity to just cut off food from their life. They need to be around it every day and learn to find some sort of a balance. 

I don't even know where that eating disorder comparison came from, it's not like I have any experience with them. Other than a document we were made to watch in a biology class years ago. I didn't understand much from it then, but somehow at that moment in the garage I thought I understood it all.

Cars and motorcycles still freaked the hell out of me, and yet in the modern world, there's no way to avoid them. Just like you can't not eat, you can't avoid the traffic. You can choose to never get into a car or on a motorcycle, but what if you live far from your school or workplace and there's no access to a train or a tube? Besides, even if you could find a way to not get into a car or on a motorcycle, you would still see them. They are everywhere

So, you just have to find a way to live with them. And I, for one, was tired of being afraid of that damned bike.

"You're not going to cry on the floor this time, are you?" I asked.

X was staring at the bike with a solemn, wistful look in his eyes, his hand still forgotten on the light switch. He blinked, no doubt expelling some unwanted memories as well, and turned to look at me. His smile was astonished, like he was surprised to find me standing there. I guess we both still had a lot left to do with overcoming our fears..

"Yeah, no." X chuckled and shook his head. His next words were jocular, if not a little forced: "And I have no idea where you got the idea of me weeping here in the first place."

"Yeah, I wonder where indeed." I mused and gave him an eye roll for a dramatic effect. X finally let his hand drop from the light switch and he walked to my side. We continued staring at the bike, and I was pretty sure neither of us had any sort of flashbacks this time. "We'll start fixing it as soon as your shoulder is healed."

"What?" X breathed, turning to gape at me with wide, incredulous eyes. He, for one, clearly hadn't contemplated on actually fixing the bike.

"I'll help. With what I can, of course.." I let out an awkward chuckle, my fingers twitching on the crutch handle as I couldn't lift my hand to touch my hair. "It's not like I actually know anything about motorcycles."