It Takes Forever to Forget Someone (3/3)

"Actually, it was after hearing the news from the surgeon that I have completely given up on getting Jennie altogether," Roseanne said outside the emergency room, breaking the silence between her and Lisa, "the surgeon said Jennie kept calling Jisoo's name during the time she was unconscious after the operation. So I understood that she had chosen Jisoo over me." She smiled bitterly, "That's so fucking sad."

Lisa sighed and said, "Ah, seems that love really can wash away one's mind."

"Cold-blooded guys like you will never understand what it feels like to love," Roseanne scoffed, "People like you do nothing but work every day."

"That's why I am happy, unlike some other people." Lisa replied sarcastically and opened the slightly broken camera that Roseanne had handed to her from Jennie. Not caring about Jennie's privacy, she looked through the photos inside then with a little smile said, "By the way, why do you think I don't know what love feels like? You are not me." Her eyes rested on a photo of a girl who's working earnestly.

Roseanne narrowed her eyes and rest her hand on her chin, with a smug smile and a flirty tone she smirked, "Oh? Looks like our Lisa is hiding some secrets."

Finally moving her eyes to Roseanne, Lisa smiled, "You and Jennie at least had a story, you were friends, you were almost together, you had hope. While my story with her was over before it even started." Roseanne saw sadness on Lisa's face for the first time in her life, "I'm more rational than you though, I've learned to accept, and to move on. So don't you dare assume I don't know how you feel. And yes, I did say 'her'." The last sentence was added because Lisa noticed the change in Roseanne's expression, so she said the answer before Roseanne asked her.

Roseanne laughed in disbelief, "Wow, I didn't know you were gay too, Lisa." she paused, "Just realised that we are so similar. Me, you, and Jennie. We all fall in love with people we can never have, well, Jennie is an exception now," She laughed, "I'll always be by your side so don't worry."

When Roseanne said this, she should not have thought that she would go back on her word a few days later and completely burn someone's heart out.

"Yeah. Thanks, I guess." Lisa smiled meaningfully. Looking back to the photo, she couldn't deny that Roseanne looked really sexy when she was working.

*****

A month later. Friday.

Although she still has to be hospitalized for some time, Jennie can at least talk to people and move around normally now that she quite recovered.

Jisoo would visit her from time to time, but still no indication of her feelings for Jennie. The two did not bring up the events of that day, but just chatted about work and some memories of their childhood. Lisa visited her as well, yet Roseanne never showed up. Only later did Lisa tell her that Roseanne went back to Australia.

"She'll come back, don't you worry" Lisa said, "She just needs time, just like you did. Well, I hope she went to Australia for that." She smiled at Jennie, who felt a little bit better upon hearing this.

"Thank you, Lisa." Jennie said, smiling back. Treatments were still needed, so the girl was currently lying on her bed with instrument connected to the ECG.

There was a knock on the door, Lisa turned around, immediately recognising who it was, "well, seems like I have to go. Rest well Jennie unnie, I'll see you later." After leaving Jennie with a gummy smile, she left.

Jennie has always had company. From her parents at the beginning, to Roseanne, and now Lisa. But what about the other? Did Jisoo have anyone when she was struggling with her feeling?