A Leap Through Time

Have you ever wished that you can somehow manipulate time so that you can change things the way you want them to be? It's an extraordinary power that allows one to change the fate of the world at any time. It's a wonderful power isn't it? Well, of course it is. But there is just one setback to using this power. The Butterfly Effect. A slight change in history will cause a cataclysmic change in the future. When that happens, you will need to ask yourself. Is changing the history to your own selfish needs really worth it when you know it will soon destroy everybody else's entire future?

In this world, there are only a few people who were born with this power. The rarity is roughly about 1 in every 1 billion people. That's only less than 10 people in the entire world with this ability. A teenage girl named Jisoo was one of the people granted with this ability to manipulate time. Jisoo grew up in an orphanage with her younger sister who is 2 years younger than her and other friends. Her sister died in a tragic car accident when she was 12. She had been into depression state for at least a few months, cursing herself for not being able to save her own younger sister. She kept on wishing and wishing that she could somehow turn back the time and save her younger sister from dying in the car accident.

And then the fateful day came. Jisoo first discovered that she had this power to manipulate time when she was at the age of 13. She accidentally knocked over a vase and attempted to catch it. To her surprise, she fell down on the ground before the vase reached the ground. It was still falling down slowly. She then looked around her and noticed everything was moving slower than normal. That was when she knew how to slow time down. As years go by, her power became stronger. At the current age of 18, Jisoo already have the ability to stop the time whenever she wanted.

Ever since she developed the power to stop time, she had been using it to steal food and some small amount of cash for the people back in the orphanage. Luckily her moral values were still intact just enough for her not to commit a large scale crime such as robbing millions from a bank. But that doesn't mean Jisoo is innocent. She did steal things using her powers. It's just small things, so what bad things could happen, right?

One day, Jisoo was at a convenience store when she heard loud car horns coming from outside. She immediately ran outside and saw a car chase between a police and a robber. She swung her hand to the side and stopped the time. Everything that was moving just a second ago came to a complete halt. Then she slowly walked towards the robber's car, broke into it and pulled the handbrakes. After keeping a safe distance from the area, she did the same hand motion and time continued. The robber's car lost control because of the random handbrake and crashed onto the wall but not before it crashed into several cars first. With that, the police managed to catch the robber successfully.

Jisoo gave herself a satisfied smile. "Mission accomplished. Well, that's one good thing I did after so long."

"You shouldn't have done that." A voice called out to her from behind suddenly.

"???" Jisoo frowned and looked behind. She saw a lady with brown hair, wearing a cardigan over her white shirt with Denim jeans and Converse shoes. "Are you talking to me?"

The lady turned around and looked back at Jisoo. "Who else am I speaking to?"

"Alright. Yeah, what's up."

The lady had one side of her brow shot up. "What's up, you ask? You know what you did."

"H-Huh? What do you mean? Do what?" Jisoo fidgeted.

The lady walked closer to Jisoo and stared at her with an unimpressed look. "You know what I'm talking about, Kim Jisoo. You shouldn't have pulled the handbrake."

Jisoo's eyes widened in shock. "Who are you? How do you know my name?? And how did you know what I did?"

"Oh, I know everything about you. Your past... Your present... And even your future..."