Hiraeth (2/2)

Years ago

Jisoo was eating her breakfast alone while her eyes peering around the food court. The food court was deserted, there was barely anyone there. Considering today is weekend and it's still too early, this is a usual circumstance. People usually won't be here until maybe one hour later. She liked it though. The quietness in the morning gave her peace. Her life was so hectic. People were all over her. There'd always some of them trying to make a small talk with her. Don't get her wrong. Not that she hates them but sometimes, she just needed a breathe from all of it. Talking and spending too much time with people who she doesn't really know and sometimes basically a stranger overwhelmed her. 

Alone time.

That's what she needed. Maybe a personal time with her closest friends won't hurt but she didn't want to shorten their sleep hour. They already lacked so much sleep being in this so called elite school. The needs of catching up with academic requirement and their extracurricular activity compelled them to cut their hours of sleep in weekdays. Some extra sleep now would be good for them. So, here she is. Eating all alone. Well, it's better than having to talk with some stranger. She loved helping people but she needed some personal time too. Either by being alone or spending time with her close companions.

Close companions. That reminded her of a cute face with puppy eyes. She heaved a sigh. She missed staring into the said puppy eyes. She couldn't find time to talk with her at all. What's with the girl health problem recently made her worried. It's a given she guessed. She actually saw the changes in the girl appearance that started about two months ago. They rarely spending time with each other nowadays but Jisoo would stare at the said girl from afar every time they had a school gathering. Either from the other side of the hall or from the backstage when she's on duty. These past two months, the girl was almost always looked so pale and weak. She saw the girl sleeping with her mouth opened while the dean was giving a speech on stage. Well, that's not the point since she knew very well how much the girl loves to sleep. But, what's making her worried was her frequently gasping for air. It looked like she had a hard time to breathe.

Jisoo wished she could spend more time with the girl. She's.. different from others. What's different about her if you asked Jisoo? First thing first, she might be the only one who didn't start a conversation with Jisoo. Instead, Jisoo was the one who initiated their friendship. Remembering the fidgeting and awkward girl trying to put herself together and be useful for their small group. Jisoo saw the girl started to break out in a cold sweat. Feeling sorry for the girl who looked like she abhorred being there, she gave out a smile and started a conversation with her. When the girl finally grinned at her attempt of making a joke which turned out to be somewhat lame, she felt warmth building inside her.

Kim Jennie.

The girl was like a breath of fresh air for Jisoo. She's not demanding. She knew not to push Jisoo's button. The girl always respected her and never pushed into her boundary. Even if she badly wanted something from Jisoo, she'd held herself back and waited until Jisoo noticed and asked her about it. But, that's also what made Jisoo quite frustrated with the girl. She's too careful, too selfless. She wanted the girl to be selfish for once. She saw it all. Jennie attempts of trying to approach her just to stop when other kids started to gather around her asking some nonsense questions. The girl walking towards her, looking like she's going to greet her but turned into other direction when she saw Jisoo was talking to her other friends. She was quite disappointed whenever that happened. She liked spending time with the girl. There's no need for them to do something adventurous or interesting. Sometimes, they'd just being in silence together. No talking or doing anything at all. Just minding their own thoughts, together. It's never awkward.