Happy Birthday

Nights were beautiful in countryside, unlike in cities, where lights engulfed shining stars, leaving only darkness and the moon's frail shadow shaking in the coldness of the night. In countryside were starry nights; there were no sound of cars, no noise of crowds, just the voice of nature accompanied by the wind. Calming and soothing.

"So?" Jisoo asked quietly, sipping her hot chocolate with a wide smile.

Jisoo was standing on the balcony with Jennie. Drinks in their hands, both were star-gazing for the first time in the year, as they finally had time to get some rest. In the moonlight, Jisoo's face looked even more beautiful, giving her a frosty beauty.

"Huh?" Jennie, who was doing the same action, froze in utter surprise and blushed furiously.

A while ago, the younger asked Jisoo to dance with her in their house on the outskirts of the city. Just the two of them, in the luxurious mansion, moving their body with the rhythm of classical music. 

Jisoo was stunning, Jennie had to admit it. A living goddess, she would say. Both danced to the sound of piano, until Jisoo offered her to go on the balcony as the music ended slowly with a chord.

"Why unnie?"

"You haven't seen the stars this year, have you? I thought maybe you'd be happy if we star-gaze tonight."

Sure she was happy. Who wouldn't? Being invited to stargaze by the most beautiful woman in the world, Kim Jisoo, would truly be a life time of no regrets. Especially if you've developed feelings for her.

By saying feelings, it's the ones that involve love or affection.

"Yeah, of course. I would love to."

Unbelievably, it was the case with Jennie. Actually, even the girl herself couldn't accept the fact that she fell for Jisoo until a year ago, when she started to feel something strange whenever Jisoo was around. Something like butterflies, something like euphoria.

Yet in this bottomless sea of love, Jisoo still hadn't come to catch her. And Jennie just sank deeper and deeper with no way back.

It is a pain, a suffering, to love someone and not being able to get their love. But it is even more painful to love someone and not have the courage to confess your love. Jennie chose to wait. It was heart-breaking, every smile, every word of Jisoo's was like a pin to her heart, because she was afraid to accept them.

Jisoo deserves someone better, Jennie always thought, I shouldn't annoy her with my own feelings.

Jennie was stupid.

So was Jisoo. For they felt and thought in the exact same way, which has led to a stalemate as no one has made a move. Until today.

Jennie would probably take it as a joke if I say I love her right now.

Jisoo thought, taking Jennie's hand to lead her to the balcony in a very apprehensive mood. The evening breeze blew up Jennie's hair and she shyly brushed it back, because the older girl was watching her with a little smile. The two dumbass just stood there on the balcony and said nothing, without realizing they were still holding hands.

Say something Kim Jennie, Jennie thought as she looked down awkwardly. When the air around them was about to freeze with embarrassment, Jisoo spoke up.