Hiraeth (1/2)

When the world turns dark

And the rain quietly falls

Everything is still

Even today, without a doubt

I can't get out of it

I can't get out from the thoughts of you

Rainy days always makes her feels somber. Not that she's usually cheerful either. Rainy days just tend to bring memories back. Those memories she'd rather put in the deepest part in her mind and lock them so it'd never come back again. Because the people in it, she would rather forget them. Not that she wanted to. It just needed to be done.

"Doesn't it get cold here?"

A voice pulled her out of the trance. There's no need to turn around, she recognized that voice very well. One of the only voices that she'd heard every day these past few months.

"What are you doing here? I thought today is your day off? Or did I heard wrong?"

Bae Joohyun chuckles before saying, "How do you know it's my day off? Stalker much?"

She clicked her tongue and gives the doctor a sharp gaze. "You wish. Nurse Son kept on blabbering this morning, how could I not know with her loud voice thundering the hallways."

"Ahh, that nurse. I should tape her mouth so she would shut up just for a while."

"You wouldn't dare. She's gonna kill you with her fiery slap. You might end up in the room beside mine." They both laughed knowing that might be the case if the said nurse ever caught them talking behind her back.

"Well, it's true today is my day off. I just stop by to pick up my dirty clothes that I forgot to bring home yesterday. And I saw you here by chance. You'd better get into your room. You know very well you shouldn't be here, right? It's cold. And, you shouldn't get rained on too."

Sigh. "Yeah, yeah. I'll get into my room now. Just wanted to take a breather for a moment. It's suffocating to be in that room all day long."

Joohyun put her concerned gaze on the patient. She knows how hard it is for the girl. "Well then, I will leave you here. Don't stay out here for too long okay?"

"Alright. Don't worry." Jennie tries her best to show a cheery facade to the doctor. She knows Joohyun only means well for her. She's her doctor after all.

***

It's so strange, just thinking of you

Makes tears fall

Tears are falling falling falling

I want to go back to you

I can do anything

Even if all of my life till now disappears

"Hey, Jennie. Wake up. Hey."

Her eyes wide open. She's confused. "Uhm what? What is it?"

She looks up and sees a worried gaze.