Chapter 17☆Back Home

"I'm home" I shouted as I closed the front door, "I'm in here" I heard a familiar shout back from the kitchen. Mum was making a sandwich like she usually is, "where have you been then?" She asked as she sliced the ham "I was at my mates house" "Yea? Which one?" "Why does it matter? I'm here alive still in one piece, nothing was stolen, no ones dead and I'm fine," "hm, I suppose. I tidied your room as I know you won't" my mum change the subject knowing she wouldn't get anything else out pof me. I ran up to my room threw my bag on the floor and flopped down on my bed. I must've fell asleep because it was now dark outside, shit I had tonnes of homework to do and I haven't touched one bit. It was school tomorrow as well.

I got all my books and started seeing what I should do first when I heard something tapping at my window. I ignored it at first I thought it was just trees or something, but it wouldn't stop. I walked over and opened my window, looked down and there was a person stood there. I couldn't see who it was it was too dark but I could tell it was a guy. "Please, let me in?" He asked with a shaky voice, "who are you? What do you want?" I asked as I grabbed a torch to shine at him "I'm Mark Hulf, please let me in I don't want to hurt you I promise" I stepped back a bit, Mark Hulf? Where have I heard that name before? "OK, I'm coming down now but if you try anything I have a knife collection and wouldn't mind showing you it," I walked downstairs grabbed a big knife and unlocked the door. Mark rushed in, locked the door and checked every window. I wonder what he's running from. "We have a spare room in the basement if you want to stay the night?" Yes please, thank you so much. I won't be a bother I'll be out by morning" he rushed behind me as I led him to the spare room. He thanked me again went in and locked the door. Usually I would've thrown him out by now but he seemed really spooked by whatever was behind him. I just dismissed it as maybe a drunk night out and went to bed. At least he was safe in that room. I checked the time and it was midnight. I quickly finished the homework I had to do and it was now 2 in the morning. I went yo the bathroom, brushed my teeth and went into my bed. As I closed my eyes I heard something knocking on the window. I went to go see who it was, maybe it was Marks friend. I opened it and called out "who's there? Do you know Mark? Are you his friend? Do you know" "shut the fuck up Alex and let me in" I never heard this voice before. I was worried I didn't recognize this voice yet he knew my name? "Uh... No?" I shouted down to the mystery man and then I heard crashing from downstairs, I looked down at the man and saw he wasn't there anymore. What the fuck is happening? I ran to my mums room and locked the door behind me. "Mum, mum wake up there's someone in the house!" I started shaking her. I took the duvet off her and I just stood there in shock. My mum wasn't there? Where the fuck would she have gone at 2 in the morning. I started panicking so much. I was going to die here. I was never gonna get to graduate never going to college or university I was never going to have a future. That's when I remembered that I left my phone in my room if I could jus gt over to it and call someone they could help me. I heard the floorboards creack downstairs and figured I had to do it now or I'd be stuck here. I unlocked the door, and crawled to my room and shut the door and locked it as fast as I could. I knew that he heard me but at least I had my phone. I dialled 999 and soon the questions began. I wish they didn't ask so many questions and just sent them as soon as I said there's someone in my house but that's the police for you, as soon as that interview was done I called him. I didn't know if he was going to be awake but I needed someone to help me now, not in half an hour. You know when you wake up and your voice is all groggy and dry? Well his voice was the noise equivalent to Nutella. "Can you come over?" I said as I tried to steady my voice "why? What's wrong? What's happened? Alex answer me" shit didn't do a very good job of that I guess "umm... Please just help me there's a man in my house and I dunno who it is just please help" "alright I'm coming over now, what room are you in? How many guys? Is your mum home?" His sexy sleepy voice now changed to panicked, "I'm in my room, I think there's only one but I dunno, and I dunno where my mums gone. Also there is a guy hiding in the spare room, I let him in and then another guy came along and came in. Please be careful" I warned him. I heard a gun cocking noise in the background on the phone "what was that?!" I questioned "it's just for protection I can't let you die can I?! Just stay there lock the door I will knock exactly 7 times on your room door and then let me in if you hear knocking but not 7 do not answer. I love you" with that I hung up. I was so scared I just bum shuffled under my bed.

5 minutes later and I heard the door crash open. I didn't hear any sirens or shouting so I thought it would have been him coming to rescue me. I heard smashing downstairs then swearing and then a gun shot then I heard him shout in pain. Shit, no he can't die because of me. LPPI took an award I got for singing, it had a pointy end. I unlocked the door and crawled out. I looked down and realized I was only in shorts and a baggy jumper and it was cold. The front door was wide open and as soon as I got to the top of the stairs it went compeletly silent. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body and calmed myself. I got up and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where I heard the gun shot. There's was no one there. "Hello? Anyone there" I said shakily "come out now! I have called the police and they're on their way so come out and surrender" I said in a firmer. I would be such a good police wo... I felt something hit the back of my head and I fell to the floor...

"Leave her out of this! This is between me and you. She hasn't dome anything." I started to wake up and realized I couldn't move my arms, or my legs, or my feet or my head! What was going on? "Where am I?" "Alex! Your going to be OK baby I just need to sort this out with this kind gentleman and we will be gone" I heard him his those last words. "Baby, what's going on? Where are you? Why am I tied up?" I started panicking and tipped over the chair, I was on the floor now but I could see him. Thank god I could at least see him now, wait he doesn't look too good. He has blood dripping from his mouth, rope burns on his neck and wrists, holes in his trackies and bruises everywhere. "Your fine darlin, you'll get out this I promise" I could see a tear going down his bloody face as he looked at me. In films when this happens there's usually really bad lighting but here it was quite good it looked like a basement there was a single entrance and it was heavily guarded, the walls looked like thick cement and didn't look like anyone was getting through anytime soon. This is all my fault if I had just waited for thepolice we would be fine. I suddenly felt a cold pressure on my head "no! Don't do that! Don't! I'll do anything you want just please don't do that! Please" I could hear his voice break on the last please, then the pressure sent and a woman walked over to him and pressed the object she held against me to his chest. It was a gun. I can't let this happen. This is not happening. This can't happen. I kept blinking trying to wake myself from this nightmare but it wasn't working. "What are you doing? You can't? He hasn't done anything! Let him go" I pleaded as I saw him accept his death. She looked at me and took the gun away from him and pointed it back in my direction. He screamed at me told to to just leave it that I couldn't be the hero this time and he had to accept it. "Shut it! You want to know what your knight in shining armor did? Well a few years back his daddy dearest made a deal with me, if he had a boy child he would give him to me or put him in a gang. As he didn't want to lose his only son he put him in a gang, you call then gob I think. So your lover boy is in a gang, bet you didn't know that, not only is he in a gang but he's killed people. Bad guys, innocents just anyone he is told to kill. But daddy didn't put him in my gang so naturally his gang and my gang are enemies and one day him and Harry come into my territory and decide to have a gun off in my house. Killing my father, the leader of the gang then. When the rest of my gang hear this we go hunting for your gob. We managed to kill 3 of them by blowing up their classroom. We are now trying to find the rest but they seem to be better hidden. So I'm trying to get your boyfriend to tell me where they are hiding but he doesn't seem to be cooperating so I brought you along wit us as a kind of bribe I guess. Either he tells us and a few people die or he doesn't and you die. What do you think he should do, Alex?" She said while she kept the gun pointed at me. "Baby, there are plenty more girls out there for you to fall in love with but those are you friends. You know what I want you to choose its fine save them." "Ahh well there is your choice. Take it or leave it? You or them?" "Me I choose me" I slowly breathed out as I closed my eyes and made my decision. I was gonna die but its was for a good thing I would save loads of other people. I didn't know why she was taking so long so I opened my eyes to see no one stood in front of me. I looked at where he was sat and saw he wasn't sat there anymore. Where did they go? I felt something dig into my back. I whinced with pain. My hands where free, then my head, my feet and my legs. I got up and turned around, he was stood there with a knife and I guessed he jus cut me from my restraints. I felt my back and nothing there so I didn't get a cut, I couldn't say that about him though. He had cuts, bruises and bashes everywhere. He put his hand on my face and it hurt. "Shit, I'm sorry this happened. If I didn't call you we wouldn't have been in this position." I looked over to the exit and the guards who were stood there are now in a pile on the floor with the woman on top they looked pretty dead.