Scraped knees

"That's exactly right. You'd get sick of us if you saw us all day every day." He said, and she nodded once more.

George seemed to sigh in relief, and Dream reached out, gently pulling on his sleeve. George turned to look at him, but his eyes went to the floor instead, his cheeks were still pink.

"Last night was fine." Dream whispered.

"I'm really sorry."

"You don't have to be. We both got sleep. It's fine, George. Really."

"It won't happen again." George said, swallowing.

"Alright." Dream tried to meet his eyes. "But I need you to know that I'm not upset or anything. If I was, I wouldn't have stayed."

George looked up then, finally meeting Dream's eyes. He nodded after a moment.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop." Dream urged. "Don't apologise." George didn't respond, and he turned back around. Dream just sighed.

Lana finished eating a few minutes later and hopped off Sapnap's lap, skipping over to grab George's hand.

"We can go now." She said.

"Oh well I'm glad you finally decided we can go." George rolled his eyes. "Alright. Well, say goodbye to everyone." He prompted, and she ran back over to give Sapnap a hug, and then Karl.

"I'll walk you guys out." Dream said, and Lana walked back over, grabbing Dream's hand as well as George's.

"We'll see you Monday, George." Sapnap said.

"Thanks for having us again. And sorry we stayed." George said to them both. Karl waved him off, and Lana pulled him and Dream through the house to the front door.

"Alright, Lana. Say bye to Uncle Dream now." George said as Dream opened the front door for them. Lana looked up at her Dad.

"Dream is coming with us." She said. George blinked, and looked back at Dream who was already looking at him with confusion.

"No, baby. He lives here. We've already seen enough of him and it's time for us to go home." George said. Dream looked at the little girl, seeing her lip wobble.

"But he has to come with us." She said.

"Remember what Uncle Sapnap said? It's much more exciting when you see someone after you have a break from them." George bent down to her level and grabbed her hands. "Right?"

"Not Dream." She said.

"Baby, this is Dream's home. And we have our own home." George said. She shook her head.

"Why can't we all have the same home?" She cried, and George looked devastated.

Sapnap and Karl appeared in the entryway now, hearing her cries, to see what was wrong.

"Dream has to come with us!" She said, and then looked around at the man in question with the most heartbroken expression on her face. "Please Dream."

"Alana." He crouched down to her level too, and she ran forward to hug him, little arms wrapping around his neck. "Sweetheart, this is my home and you live with your Daddy. I'll see you very soon, just like Uncle Sapnap and Uncle Karl. We are all going to the park on Monday." He rubbed circles on her back, trying to calm her down.

"Why can't you just come with us?" She said, sniffling.

"Because." Dream looked up, meeting George's eyes, which were a little teary. "Little girls live with their parents. You live with your Daddy. And I'm not a Dad, Alana. I'm not your Dad. I have to stay here."