|55| The way down

Start from the beginning

"You shouldn't go alone, even less with the prosthetic. You wore it for long enough today I don't think it's a good idea. Your leg will get sore and then you won't be able to wear it for a while we already talked about this." She walks in my direction and takes one of my hoodies that's laying over the armchair. "I'm going with you, I will drive and carry your crutches." She puts it on. It covers almost to her butt, her sleeping silky shorts showing just so slightly from underneath.

"You are not coming with me." I stand up and unzip the hoodie. "Go to sleep."

I don't know what's going on, her coming with me could put her in danger and that's the last thing I want. The last thing I need. If something happened to her... I would never forgive myself.

"Carlos just-"

"I promise I will be okay but for that to happen I need to know that you are safe. I have no idea of what's going on and I don't want to risk putting you in danger. So please just stay." I explain trying to make her understand.

She looks up at me and after a few seconds of silence, she finally nods. Taking the hoodie off.
"Send me a text when you get there. Keep me updated, please." She begs.

God, how much I wish I could just stay with you.

"I will. Everything is going to be fine." I kiss her forehead and turn around to take my crutches.

She is right about that, using my prosthetic for longer than what I should in a day will only cause problems so bringing the crutches will help since this way I won't put all my weight over my leg.

"Be careful." She mutters watching me as I walk towards the bedroom door.

"I will. Keep your phone near," I tell her trying to reassure her and myself before getting out of the room.

___

As soon as I get out of the taxi all I see is mayhem. There are police cars everywhere, the red and blue lights illuminate the dark night as some officers run around asking for IDs to every civilian they find and others interrogate my employees. Some people fight, try to escape and others simply comply. The entrance of the club is closed with some yellow tape.

"Carlos!" I hear my name being called and that's when I finally find Rick fighting away from some police officer so he can get to me.

I nod in his direction and make my way through the crowd which isn't easy with a combination of crutches and a prosthetic. When I finally get there Rick is being dragged behind the yellow tape again and I'm stopped by the same police officer who was stopping him a few seconds ago.

"Sir you can't get in there, there's an investigation in motion." He pushes me back slowly.

"I know, I'm the fucking owner." I spit out fighting the reflex of pushing him in return. "Can someone explain what the fuck is going on?"

"The owner?" He asks and then looks back towards the yellow tape-covered area as if looking for someone. I'm guessing the officer in charge. When he looks back at me I figure he hasn't found that person but he lets go of my shoulder anyway and turns around. "Follow me."

I follow him all the way to the other side of the tape and we walk directly in Rick's direction. He tries to come my way but once again some men stop him from getting any closer.

"He says he is the owner." The man who guided me here says to a fellow officer.

"He is my boss, the one you all have been asking about and telling me to call." I can hear Rick saying from behind and to my surprise the officers actually listen because they move out of his way.

The Devil's Redemption | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara